RICKTER talk

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
Rickter scupper on my edge did not seal at all if ski was off floating in water. Not great for casual riding, but they do work well if you’re constantly riding.

tly. To verify a water issue, swim it to shore next time it won't start and check a plug.
Good idea… and verify it

He could also do the hydro turf shield below the carbs and surround the air box or a flat shield all the way to ebox, up the hood seal near carb and to cylinder and block water splash…

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
Neither one of my rickters have a stock scupper. So I can't comment on those. But I don't usually shut my ski off and hang out in the water either. I'm out there to practice and ride. If your trying to bs in the middle of the lake, a scupper probably wouldn't be the best idea. Neither one of mine are water tight either. I ride with the scupper in kind and if I dip the nose or the hood while under heavy throttle. I pitch the nose up and ride like that for 5-10 seconds. You can feel the ski when it has water in it or not.

Bilge pump switches were always failing. The hoses are in the way. Have to cut a hole in the hull. Glue down the pump. And they still leave a half inch of water in the hull. Scupper it's bone dry when I pull in the driveway. Again not saying you shouldnt run a bilge. Do what you think is best.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

headshock

still doin it
My Edge stock scupper leaked so I ordered a Thrust Ball Scupper. When Installing it I found the glue they used to install the stock scupper valve ran onto the smooth surface should mate to the flap of the scupper causing it to leak. I have a feeling if I would have just removed the excess glue the scupper would have worked better. Regardless the Thrust Ball Scupper is fantastic. My only worry with it is if a zip tie or some little debris come down the the tube from the engine compartment they could stop the ball from closing completely. I check that area every now and them to be sure it wont be an issue on the water.

My Edge stock scupper leaked so I ordered a Thrust Ball Scupper. When Installing it I found the glue they used to install the stock scupper valve ran onto the smooth surface should mate to the flap of the scupper causing it to leak. I have a feeling if I would have just removed the excess glue the scupper would have worked better. Regardless the Thrust Ball Scupper is fantastic. My only worry with it is if a zip tie or some little debris come down the the tube from the engine compartment they could stop the ball from closing completely. I check that area every now and them to be sure it wont be an issue on the water.

I found a screen at Menards that fit perfectly in my scupper tube and stuffed it in ahead of the scupper. Did this after I swamped the ski due to a tag end of a zip tie that somehow got in the bottom of the hull and then in the scupper.

I don't know if this is exactly it but it was something similar to this. Popped the screen out of the plastic thing and it was a perfect fit a little bit snug in my scupper tube.

Maybe @waxhead could come up with something specific for scuppers and sell it as a Wax Racing product. Seems like there would be a market for it.

I made a 3d printed plug for my edge on the water side and then ordered an oatly expanding plug off amazon for the engine side. Dual Rule 500s kept my hull pretty dry

I can relate to all of this scupper talk.
My 2021 Edge takes on more water thru the scupper than my old FR2 or any other scupper ski I’ve had.
Water can be seen trickling in on a little scupper tube waterfall inside the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I found my e box was full of water causing my no spark after killing the ski even if it ran for an hour. It has a newer seal and has never done this before. My scupper holds atleast 1" of water in my hull regardless. I'm going to go thrust ball scupper conversion any reasons not to? Versiplug max rickter instead?

dried out the ebox and cleaned it all up and ski ran mint started 10 times during hours of riding l so I'm 95% sure the issue is gone.

Still have too much water in my engine bay though

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Thanks everyone. I found my e box was full of water causing my no spark after killing the ski even if it ran for an hour. It has a newer seal and has never done this before. My scupper holds atleast 1" of water in my hull regardless. I'm going to go thrust ball scupper conversion any reasons not to? Versiplug max rickter instead?
Try versa plug max first. But leave your flap on.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on where to get a well made taller pole pad for an FS2? Does rickter make a taller one? Do you just cut the rickter one off and tape, scuff and contact cement the new one? Thanks

Any suggestions on where to get a well made taller pole pad for an FS2? Does rickter make a taller one? Do you just cut the rickter one off and tape, scuff and contact cement the new one? Thanks

Freeride Innovations does good work. I got a custom pad from them and it's nicely done.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Anyone have anything bad to say about the Versiplug max for Rickters before I order? I'm on my 2nd rubber oem flap and it's already dry rotted.

Top Bottom