Other Most frustrating moments with your ski.. Let's hear yours!

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
I know you all have had some crazy things happen with you and your skis that have driven you crazy! I'm sure there's some good stories from this season or previous ones!
For me.. This year has been my first real season of riding. Snapped a steering cable at the threads because the bearings in my umi steering seized up and it came loose. Then I broke the inner cable on another cable.. Switched to a stock nozzle which must have been slightly hitting the reduction nozzle and eventually it broke.. Then another cable broke on the inside after landing on the side after jumping a boat wake.. Musta pushed the nozzle the other way from the impact. I'm a pro when it comes to riding without steering now LOL. Luckily JetManiac was absolutely amazing and warrantied both for me even if it could have been my fault.. and saved my season of riding :)
Oh, and running out of plug wires to cut back is a killer.. Can't ride right now because of that!
I've got so many more but that's just a few!
What about you guys?

Last edited:
Buying new parts that turns out too bee bad, did it twice with a ignition coil from wsm and a starter relay also wsm realy. sucks when you whant too get back on the Water.

I started my season out like a champ, 2 months in I started having an electrical issue I replaced the stator and it seemed to go away. I got about a week on the replacement stator and now it's acting up again. I don't have a clue what it is.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
putting in new fancy hi performance parts
and having them damage or destroy other parts of the ski
putting me on the shore in August

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
I started my season out like a champ, 2 months in I started having an electrical issue I replaced the stator and it seemed to go away. I got about a week on the replacement stator and now it's acting up again. I don't have a clue what it is.

stock blaster is killing me

been chasing this demon for too long. replaced, cdi, coil, plug boots, stator, wiring harness, and stop start switch. only happens in the salt, so i know its electrical. after about 20 mins of riding, it starts breaking up under acceleration, and running like the temp sensor is going off, when there isnt one. lol
i know im not the only one to have this problem, and i hate just throwing parts at. thats not how we do things. electrically, its all been gone through, but still happens.

even went as far as putting heat shrink over the plug wires and ends of the boots to keep water out.

the harness really helped it though. not near as bad as it was.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Mine sits in the garage taunting me to go riding.

Every time I boot up my computer, she's there on my background.
Every time I take the garbage out to the garage...she's there!
When I stay home from riding to do chores or fix the house or tend to the grounds...she's always getting in the way!
When I come home from work at all hours of the night, she's the first to greet me as I come thru the garage door and remind me that I am neglecting my loved ones.

And if that's not bad enough, whenever I do manage to make some special time to spend together, she fires right up, yanks my arms, whips my ass and burns up all my gas. I tell ya, I just can win with her.

That's pretty frustrating right?

Last edited:
Most aggravating fix so far was locating a loose ground connection inside the ebox... Working a regular mechanic style job during the day.. I sometimes get a bit lazy with the notion of coming home and tearing apart my ski to fix it.

This year: two broken motor mounts.. Figured out the midshaft needed to be rebuilt as I was replacing the motor mounts.. So new midshaft rebuild kit.. New midshaft, driveshaft and all new motor mounts and four new motor mounts in the past two months.

been chasing this demon for too long. replaced, cdi, coil, plug boots, stator, wiring harness, and stop start switch. only happens in the salt, so i know its electrical. after about 20 mins of riding, it starts breaking up under acceleration, and running like the temp sensor is going off, when there isnt one. lol
i know im not the only one to have this problem, and i hate just throwing parts at. thats not how we do things. electrically, its all been gone through, but still happens.

even went as far as putting heat shrink over the plug wires and ends of the boots to keep water out.

Exactly what mine is doing. It will hardly plane out some times then its fine for a second then back to crap.

Fro Diesel

creative control
Mounting a stock pump in a used full length superfreak. Took 12hrs w two of us get it right. Rest of the build was finished in a few hours.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet

Are you losing spark when it happens? You might try running a ground from your block directly to the ground screw in the ebox and see if it helps.

Bought a new 781, sleeve dropped twice on me each time I went out. Found deto the 2nd time. Put another 771 from someone else and it had deto and burnt a hole through a piston and caught exhaust port. Squish was way too tight. Water got in flywheel cover and killed my bendix. Fixed it, bored .5 over with wisecos. Found huge voltage drop from battery to starter and burnt up battery cables. Still was able to get it running with relatively no problem. 2 hours later died from a rear cyl lean seize. Angry and ready to throw in the towel for the remainder of my short short season. Actually .. Just thought of it .. Maybe the slow cranking was from incorrect cyl wall/piston clearance or piston ring end gap .. Was like a 8 point seizure after all.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Blaster 1: broke exhaust bolts in engine. Had to take the entire thing apart and take it to a machine shop so they could drill out the bolts and put in timeserts. While putting it back together I stripped a headbolt so that is going to be next fix. To bad its an hour+ job to pull the coffman exhaust off to get to all the head bolts.

Superjet: spent months working on electric, ended up being a faulty MSD enhancer that would work sometimes, even for a whole weekend, and the stop switch was having issues.

JS550: Would only run for maybe an hour and than nothing, So I rebuilt the whole thing and found missing bolts in the intake manifold, and they used silicone to glue the exhaust manifold on with only 2 bolts that reached the engine block.

I am sure there is more but I have probably blocked it out.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

swapmeet

Brotastic
Bought a new 781, sleeve dropped twice on me each time I went out. Found deto the 2nd time. Put another 771 from someone else and it had deto and burnt a hole through a piston and caught exhaust port. Squish was way too tight. Water got in flywheel cover and killed my bendix. Fixed it, bored .5 over with wisecos. Found huge voltage drop from battery to starter and burnt up battery cables. Still was able to get it running with relatively no problem. 2 hours later died from a rear cyl lean seize. Angry and ready to throw in the towel for the remainder of my short short season. Actually .. Just thought of it .. Maybe the slow cranking was from incorrect cyl wall/piston clearance or piston ring end gap .. Was like a 8 point seizure after all.

Dude you win... that blows.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Buying new parts that turns out too bee bad, did it twice with a ignition coil from wsm and a starter relay also wsm realy. sucks when you whant too get back on the Water.

Please stop buying WSM.

In fact, for electrical parts: BUY NEW OEM

Top Bottom