Hydrogen Fuelled Toyota - It's About Freakin' Time!

bird

walking on water
Flywheel storage is ok for short term power backup for small installations. Like a data center needing temporary power in a short duration outage while their diesel generators pick up the load. It just takes so much mass to create a lot of useable energy.

I'm a fan of pumped hydro. There is a large pumped hydro plant on the west coast of Michigan, they pump it up 400 ft or something, to a large man made lake. That's a lot of potential energy and easy to recoup. Of course the efficiency is always a lot less than 100%, so it's only pumped when excess electricity is on the grid for cheap, and sold when cost is high. It is a good balancing tool to reduce overall costs.
That's been my dream for years. Have TWO ponds, one on top of the hilll, the other at the bottom. Creek with a flood gate in between for mini hydro dam!

I also thought of each Windmill being a water tower to do the same as above.

There is one interesting thing that is still trying to be figured out. I've read about this a long time ago. The capacitor battery concept. The biggest problem they were looking at back when I read up on it was trying to prevent the capacitors from instant discharge. They can be made into extremely light and thin waffle pannels and hold huge power, plus only need momentary recharge but it still comes back to how to prevent immediate discharge.

Last edited:
Yo
There is one interesting thing that is still trying to be figured out. I've read about this a long time ago. The capacitor battery concept. The biggest problem they were looking at back when I read up on it was trying to prevent the capacitors from instant discharge. They can be made into extremely light and thin waffle pannels and hold huge power, plus only need momentary recharge but it still comes back to how to prevent immediate discharge.

You are talking about a Flux Capacitor:

Flux Capacitor.jpg

You'll also need a DeLorean to make it work...

Top Bottom