TPE MOTOR SETUP's - list your package

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
This thread is to list your package specs and how you have it set up once you feel like you have a decent running boat. It helps people get in the ballpark and fine tuning can continue from there. I haven't got my 964 far enough along to say it's running great so it would be nice to see what others have been successful at.

Protip: Know one gets the last word in a internet argument so please try and keep the BS to yourself s, it adds zero value.
Sincerely,
The Internet

This thread is to list your package specs and how you have it set up once you feel like you have a decent running boat. It helps people get in the ballpark and fine tuning can continue from there. I haven't got my 964 far enough along to say it's running great so it would be nice to see what others have been successful at.

Protip: Know one gets the last word in a internet argument so please try and keep the BS to yourself s, it adds zero value.
Sincerely,
The Internet
^^^

I agree. Just posted a opinion about the 2 motors asked to compare. Both skis were tuned by Wilkey and myself with 2 diff pipes My 964 hits better than every other one I rode except d Kim's It's good setup with 49 fs tl ign any big pipe config but 8 to 10 mill motors still better imho
You never see php dasa et guys cry like this when comparisons are mentioned over their motors. Diff natives involved

And it's good to hear a report about a tpe motor not being as good from a known tpe dissenter that can't tune. We've all seen the picture of your setup should we compare yours to Josh's professionally built and tuned ski? Side by side pics might help to explain your findings.

LOL, tuning, who knew?

SM

TPE 1021 in a -2 Superfreak Badass
Stroke – (SS / 4mm / 10mm) - 4mm PHP Lightweight Crank

CARB(S) – 49mm Full Specs
Main Jet - 135
Pilot Jet - 125
Spring/ N&S - 95g, 2.0
Popoff – 25ish

PIPE
– TNT V2, 90 Jet in the sprayer. Pipe temp around 110-120 after the coupler but water is still cold. Flow control opening around 3,500, going to raise this next ride to closer to 4,500.
ELECTRICS – MSD Enhancer, likely change to my Vilder or Advent
PUMP – Solas 148
PROP – C75 14/21, will need to loosen this up a little.
NOZZLE – (reduction and exit bore) 86mm

So far I've been very happy with this setup, it's explosive in the midrange which is great for my style of riding. The top end is silly, and have had no problems chasing down boats. I'm still working on the pump and prop setup and need to loosen up the low end. Swapping to a stubby cone but need to bend the prop or swap for a little less pitch. I'd also like to be able to add a little timing down low, but need to decide what route to go with ignition.

I've had quite a few engines built by very reputable builders and am very impressed with this one. Out of the box without tuning it was impressive and has continued to come around. I am excited to get it fully dialed as water temps rise.

I guess i am happy enough with mine to list it:

TPE 964
Stroke – Stock Stroke
Domes CC – Whatever it came with
Compression –Whatever it came with

CARB(S) –Full Spec 48's, Boysen Manifold/Reeds
Main Jet -135 1/2 turn
Pilot Jet -127.5 3/4 turn
Needle Seat-1.8
Spring-80 Gram
Popoff – ~ 22-23 psi

PIPE
– B-Pipe Opened up by Thrust
ELECTRICS – 61X, MSD Enhancer, #Zero Flywheel, No Advance
PUMP –148 H20 Torrent, Freestyle Cone
PROP –Skat 10/17
NOZZLE – Whatever my Thrust trim came with; perhaps someone can fill me in?

Ski seems to run great, no dead spots. I am not a pro tuner, so I am sure a pro could get it better, but i am satisfied. I could probably get a bit more with some advance, but in speaking with Erik I mentioned wanting it as reliable as possible and he said leave the timing stock. More of a risk outweighs the reward with stock enhanced ignitions type deal.

Had to go to the smallest restrictors I had on hand to get the cylinder temps to about 122 degrees on the temp strips, and the pipe gets to about 140 degrees just past the head pipe to chamber coupler. FCV opens up just past 1/4 throttle and flows through a small restrictor into the stinger. I cannot remember the exact diameter, but I think they're about 3mm. Not sure what else I can add, but if I think of something I will add it.

TPE 964
Stroke – Stock Stroke

Main Jet -135 1/2 turn
Needle Seat-1.8
Spring-80 Gram
Popoff – ~ 22-23 psi

PIPE
PROP –Skat 10/17

Ski seems to run great, no dead spots. I am not a pro tuner, so I am sure a pro could get it better, but i am satisfied. I could probably get a bit more with some advance, but in speaking with Erik I mentioned wanting it as reliable as possible and he said leave the timing stock. More of a risk outweighs the reward with stock enhanced ignitions type deal.

Had to go to the smallest restrictors I had on hand to get the cylinder temps to about 122 degrees on the temp strips, and the pipe gets to about 140 degrees just past the head pipe to chamber coupler. FCV opens up just past 1/4 throttle and flows through a small restrictor into the stinger. I cannot remember the exact diameter, but I think they're about 3mm. Not sure what else I can add, but if I think of something I will add it.
Nozzle is 86mm

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

TPE 964
Stroke – Stock Stroke

Main Jet -135 1/2 turn
Needle Seat-1.8
Spring-80 Gram
Popoff – ~ 22-23 psi

PIPE
PROP –Skat 10/17

Does it flip??

Reduction for sure, i can measure the steering nozzle today if u really want to know but pretty sure its bigger bore

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I know this isn't a direct setup post, but looking for your input. I have a 964 with erik right now getting freshened. I loved the power with a b pipe and 46's. I never spent the time truly dialing that package because I knew I'd be upgrading to a pfp, 48's and a few other small things this winter. I'm leaning towards having him upgrade me to a php lw 4 mil crank to 1021. In your opinion, is the crank upgrade worth it? Hes already got the motor apart. Just waiting on what I choose to go with. It'll be in a KDX...

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Hey guys, I know this isn't a direct setup post, but looking for your input. I have a 964 with erik right now getting freshened. I loved the power with a b pipe and 46's. I never spent the time truly dialing that package because I knew I'd be upgrading to a pfp, 48's and a few other small things this winter. I'm leaning towards having him upgrade me to a php lw 4 mil crank to 1021. In your opinion, is the crank upgrade worth it? Hes already got the motor apart. Just waiting on what I choose to go with. It'll be in a KDX...

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My 964 was in a heavy glass chan, but ive had the 1105 and 900 in my DVX so very similar hull. My buddy has a 2014 Rickter xfs (so a bit heavier than my hull) but is a very fun and capable motor which made his ski fun to play on. Would depend to me on how much money will you have to put into the motor for the upgrade as well as having the money for the proper bolt ons. If its in the budget and the 1105 is too much motor/money than I say pull the trigger on the 1021 if its in your cards and really try to get the tuning dialed in and every penny will be worth it in the end at that point. Erik won't steer you wrong and will make you a fun platform. Might even get your hands on the new ADR crank which is a pretty unit itself. Good luck with decision!

Tpe 964 krash predator
46mm mikuni
Main 135
Pilot 125
Seat 2.0
Spring black
Popoff 21psi
Return jet 60 (dont see people post the return jets here ) maybe with a reason ?
Krash industries pump 148 11/17 (xh2o is un its way with 11/18 5mm cutback)
Stock wet bpipe (can someone show me a link what people mean with 50mm bpipe mot ?)
Msd
And how do u set your bipipe high low mid screw ?

Dont think/feel I'm there jet...

3d93737eb593d764cfe705162e8f6f33.jpg
03ed8542231490c34fd78862bc6bbea3.jpg
007533b1b795930fe8e68a3f1f04f767.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Tpe 964 krash predator
46mm mikuni
Main 135
Pilot 125
Seat 2.0
Spring black
Popoff 21psi
Return jet 60 (dont see people post the return jets here ) maybe with a reason ?
Krash industries pump 148 11/17 (xh2o is un its way with 11/18 5mm cutback)
Stock wet bpipe (can someone show me a link what people mean with 50mm bpipe mot ?)
Msd

Dont think/feel I'm there jet...

3d93737eb593d764cfe705162e8f6f33.jpg
03ed8542231490c34fd78862bc6bbea3.jpg
007533b1b795930fe8e68a3f1f04f767.jpg

They are talking about boring the manifold and headpipe to 50mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are talking about boring the manifold and headpipe to 50mm

Thanks!! So thats a must do mot ? Anny pictures or how tos? a bent with 3 small water holes on the inside so questions ar rising

Thanks!! So thats a must do mot ? Anny pictures or how tos? a bent with 3 small water holes on the inside so questions ar rising

You open up the top of the manifold and headpipe where they come together.
2fd74b89c41855ca0a82de0441a0dd22.jpg
They are sually opened up to about 50mm. I did my manifold first then made the headpipe gasket match so I could use it as a template for opening up the headpipe and making it it match the manifold as closely as possible. It wouldn't hurt to smooth out all the sharp angles and casting marks in the exhaust manifold either.

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...mer-mod-on-a-factory-b-pipe-themselves.96731/

You open up the top of the manifold and headpipe where they come together.
2fd74b89c41855ca0a82de0441a0dd22.jpg
They are sually opened up to about 50mm. I did my manifold first then made the headpipe gasket match so I could use it as a template for opening up the headpipe and making it it match the manifold as closely as possible. It wouldn't hurt to smooth out all the sharp angles and casting marks in the exhaust manifold either.

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...mer-mod-on-a-factory-b-pipe-themselves.96731/

Thanks!!

Top Bottom