Southern Cali_Long Beach_Granada Street_Sunday RACE COURSE

wydopen

onthepipe
Cool. I went to Fiesta Island both days this weekend, but I almost went to LB for Sunday. Maybe next time. I sure burned a lot of gas between the truck and ski.

Someone gave me a hint that I'll have to try next time I load the ski on to the beach cart from the water. His recommendation was to get the ski onto the scissor stand, and from there directly onto the beach cart. I normally float the ski off the scissor stand and then wrestle it onto the cart fighting the floating wheels. Seems like a good trick, so I'll have to try that next time and see if it makes things easier.
Old post but if you are still having trouble loading the ski by yourself I have a suggestion. I use a regular tote no winch and load it by myself all the time. I just put the tote next to the ski..lift the tail onto the tote at an angle..you can use the tire to keep it from sliding off. Then come around and lift the nose and slide it on perpendicular to the rails. Once it’s balancing on the tote just rotate it into position..my main riding partner latley is my 9year old son so I’ve been getting allot of brutal toting exercises latley. Some of the spots we launch are pretty gnarly. Definitely a good workout.

Weird that with all this rain, Elsinore is still toxic. I thought this would be a good year for Elsinore, but I guess not. Not sure why the local officials don't just dump chlorine in that cesspool and make it a big swimming pool.

Weird that with all this rain, Elsinore is still toxic. I thought this would be a good year for Elsinore, but I guess not. Not sure why the local officials don't just dump chlorine in that cesspool and make it a big swimming pool.
It's better to be closed there than with chlorine. Chlorine will kill all life in the water, and then you won't have anywhere to have fun. And if the officials don't do anything, the toxicity will go away over time. Unless there's a pipe in there that increases that toxicity.

Hi all! Glad to register on this forum. I should love it here :)

Been riding LB the last few Sundays, it's actually a great place to ride, squirrels always welcome although it shares with Rosies dog park, might be trouble but you could bring Turbo.

Been riding LB the last few Sundays, it's actually a great place to ride, squirrels always welcome although it shares with Rosies dog park, might be trouble but you could bring Turbo.
Awesome, I just learned about this spot on the Facebook group. I’ve lived in Huntington Beach my whole life lol. Gonna have to make it out there but I don’t have a beach cart yet unfortunately.

any days, it's within the breakwall but also open to Seal Beach so you get lake and surf conditions. You drive to the pad, unload, go park, dolly over the sand and dump skis in the water, a scissor stand and dolly really help. Once you get confortable with the system it's a fun close and cheap way to ride.

Great spot, you can use the blue mat to dolly down to the water and throw some chairs and umbrella. Surprised that there aren't more standups riding here.

Top Bottom