Blaster Rick's Detailed 1100 Blaster Conversion

Thanks for such a great post, i just finish mine but i run into a issue, i all ready try 3 rebuild set of keihin carbs, it feel its not enougth fuel, my block has 1 pulse line i took it out of a kawasaki zxi 1100 year 00 , i dont know what to do. Any advise please 93F8B106-933E-42B1-B5C4-9A00FEDF0B64.jpeg

Thank you so much I'm debating whether or not to buy the exhaust from rad dudes or try to fabricate one. This is my 95 blaster.

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_093240_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220628_093240_HDR.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220626_125210_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220626_125210_HDR.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220626_125212_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220626_125212_HDR.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220630_160325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220630_160325_HDR.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220703_192247_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220703_192247_HDR.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220630_160338_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220630_160338_HDR.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 29

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Also I purchased the motor mounts which give you the option to mid-mount or front mount What do you think's better choice I'm worried about nose diving too much with the weight of the triple
Get the weight back as far rear as possible. This requires the use of a GP760 midshaft. I used the rad dudes plate

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Great post of the weights, however I think the Kawasaki 1100 is incorrect.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Was thinking that too. Be interesting to see what a fully built 701 comes out too. 781/dual 46s/intake/TL flywheel/head/etc

Get the weight back as far rear as possible. This requires the use of a GP760 midshaft. I used the rad dudes plate
I fabricated my own my boy has a 20 ton press so I took the midshaft out and put it in the other one so it fits with the five puck. The picture on the right I took that shaft out of that and put it in the one on the left that's red because I noticed nobody told me when I put the mounting plates on the engine and set it in I was an inch and a half off which makes sense because the red driveshaft housing had another plate on the back of it that was an inch and a half thick I had to remove that. Starting on the exhaust tomorrow but today I have an old '96 1100 wave Venture triple that I picked up from the neighbor for 500 bucks I just reupholstered the seat today and we built the carburetor so I'm going to get that up for sale so I can put more money into the blaster LOL. Also quick question where did you mount your e-box I was thinking about above where the exhaust is going to go on that on the wall? Not sure what to do with that

Attachments

• IMG_20221023_020438_01.jpg
    IMG_20221023_020438_01.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you so much I'm debating whether or not to buy the exhaust from rad dudes or try to fabricate one. This is my 95 blaster.
DUDE, That is one of the rarest OEM Waveblaster graphics in existance. The TZ 700 version of the 96 Blaster graphics. I have never seen actual photos of this legendary blaster. Believe it or not, there is not one single photo of these graphics I have ever found online until now. Can you please, please post more photos of that blaster with those OEM graphics! I would aboslutley love to see it in detail!

Remember, K.I.S.S. (KeepItSimpleSir)

You're only dealing with four wires exiting box for the switch. One issue I have with my diagram getting circulated on multiple forums, sites and on Facebook over the past years, is guys don't know the post (my hx1100) it originated from. I suggested ALL the factory connectors/plugs inside the ebox be cut an removed. Not only does it make it worlds easier to figure out what goes where, what gets cut and what gets spliced, it alleviates the possible failure at the old connections. 9 out of 10 may "look" good, but they have bitten many guys in the rear end, as the prong was the weak point inside the connector. My diagram also doesn't show the wires associated with the stator or coil wire colors... that should be a no brainier as to not be cut/spliced/removed!.... or so I thought.
YES, my diagram has been questioned when guys have had issues, but only for them to eat crow when I showed what they did wrong!
The ebox can appear to be a rats nest for some who have never done it before, but luckily I'm only a PM away if there's a question.

Kawasaki colors from ebox TO Yamaha switch are :

Yellow w/red - Brown
Red - Red
White - White
Black - Black

Your box should work WITHOUT a secondary ground. I would suggest unplugging the four prong blue plug at the regulator/rectifier, and check your black wire(s) at that prong for being broken.
Chris I know this thread is very old but I am doing this exact swap. My kawi ebox has the following colors for start stop
red
yellow/red
black/red
red/blue

I see you mention white wire in the kawi wires I dont have that. Trying to see if I need to go into the box futher. I have followed this thread with all the wiring and the last I am down to is the start stop that's dead to the world currently. I have pulled the Yamaha start stop off and cleaned all the connections.

Thanks

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Chris I know this thread is very old but I am doing this exact swap. My kawi ebox has the following colors for start stop
red
yellow/red
black/red
red/blue

I see you mention white wire in the kawi wires I dont have that. Trying to see if I need to go into the box futher. I have followed this thread with all the wiring and the last I am down to is the start stop that's dead to the world currently. I have pulled the Yamaha start stop off and cleaned all the connections.

Thanks

I just went through this! The black and white wires are coming out of a different location and not in the same loom as the start wires.

I just went through this! The black and white wires are coming out of a different location and not in the same loom as the start wires.

Did you get yours figured out? I know one issue after reading it over this am. The “white” wire on the Kawi box turned into the solid red in the Kawi harness. So I know that one was wrong going to try again tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom