New Zeeltronics Y62T CDI

FMT

The std curve the Y62T , comes with, the Wax V3, will work really good for the majority of the rec skiis out there.
its pretty much a do all curve, as long as your ski is tuned correctly to start with.
That said, you did not describe the type of riding your doing? Im guessing by your choice of parts, its General Freeride? I would start with the V3 on map 1. Then say, you want to try some flatwater Freestyle? I curve can be written to enhance that style riding and flashed into Map 2 . A simple dash or bar mounted switch, will allow you to change maps on the fly. The options the Zeel Y62T allows is pretty cool.
I'm guessing you have your Y62T already? If not and you need one, or want to explore programing options?
feel free to contact me direct! Ill help you get set

P
Thanks Paul

Riding type: Normal, freeride, and some of fun races between friends
I have a zeel Y62T already but want to learn and explore the programming options

The static angle and delay compensation are also much higher than I'm accustomed to seeing but that might be because this is the 62t version and I have only played with the 64x/kawi version.

Those settings are just the blank screen

New zeel hooked up for first time

Trying to read what’s programmed into it so I can make some changes

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Static angle should be 115 for a start , the software does not allow you to go this high,
you are out ide the table dimensions on this field

Those settings on the screenshot were not entered by me

its what comes up on the screen when first opening the software

I have installed and programmed quite a few of these , but was getting the error message when clicking on read this time

With a previous zeel install , I got the error message while programming , and it turned out that the start stop harnesses were unplugged. at the time. After Plugging in the stop / strat harnesses I was able to connect and program it.

on this occasion , with this zeel , it turned out that I had missed connecting one of the ground ring terminals. After connecting ring terminal I was able to read and program.

The odd thing is , on this zeel , It connected and allowed me to program it while start stop harness was unplugged

Possibly something is different on latest version of zeel

I did notice that this newest one has two red wires that are spliced and have male and female bullet connectors

No mention of the extra red in the diagram that comes with zeel

This is a long shot but is there any way to mis-wire a zeel that would lead to a runaway condition?

I just rebuilt my engine last year with genuine OEM crank seals and did a full leakdown before final assembly. It's got 9 hours on it with stock cdi and was running great so far this season. I just swapped in the 62t zeel and on first start the engine took off. The only change was the zeel so that's what has thrown me off. My stator timing is stock and the static angle in zeel was verified to be 115 which is the default wax v3 curve.

I could swap back the stock cdi but since I know the likely cause for a runaway is a leak I'll probably just test for that instead.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
This is a long shot but is there any way to mis-wire a zeel that would lead to a runaway condition?

I just rebuilt my engine last year with genuine OEM crank seals and did a full leakdown before final assembly. It's got 9 hours on it with stock cdi and was running great so far this season. I just swapped in the 62t zeel and on first start the engine took off. The only change was the zeel so that's what has thrown me off. My stator timing is stock and the static angle in zeel was verified to be 115 which is the default wax v3 curve.

I could swap back the stock cdi but since I know the likely cause for a runaway is a leak I'll probably just test for that instead.
Runaway can also be from carbs being too lean. Try richening up the low speed on your carbs.

I was able to sort everything out and wanted to say the wax v3 zeel curve is awesome! Noticeable gains from low all the way through mid throttle. I didn't spend much time up top as the conditions were pretty rough.

My actual issue ended up being a lean startup condition. Since I hadn't modified the carb supply line and have a 1-way clunk I didn't immediately consider that. While the zeel was the major change I also rerouted my primer, return line, and tank vent. A combination of those caused the situation and it just took a bit to identify and diagnose.

Currently running a Y62T zeel with a lightened 61x flywheel.

What are my options, if I have any , If I want to go total loss ?

Top Bottom