motor mounts

Just bought a stock 08 SJ, previously the superjet sat for a while and motor mounts were dry rotted because on the first ride out they all sheared off. looking on details for replacements. down the road we may be doing limited mods such as pipe and head, and other bolt ons. should we just go with oem mounts, or aftermarket alternative? we are seeing a lot about these Rhaas mounts but we noticed multiple sizes, and a lot of people recommend the couch mount. should we just go with the standard? if not what is the benefit of the couch mount? we also saw comments of people having to bore stuff out, is that required? if you don’t recommend the Rhaas mount is there another brand you prefer?

thanks, looking forward to hearing answers!

Couch mounts are a little bigger and stronger than the stock superjet ones. They are better than the stock superjet and cheaper than rhaas so basically a cheaper upgrade. They can be a little taller so sometimes you need to oval the holes out a little to let the engine sit a little lower but every engine and hull are different.

Couch mounts are a little bigger and stronger than the stock superjet ones. They are better than the stock superjet and cheaper than rhaas so basically a cheaper upgrade. They can be a little taller so sometimes you need to oval the holes out a little to let the engine sit a little lower but every engine and hull are different.
okay, im thinking more towards the rhaas just because i don’t really surf ride so i don’t need the extra strength and the rhaas has lifetime warranty

okay, im thinking more towards the rhaas just because i don’t really surf ride so i don’t need the extra strength and the rhaas has lifetime warranty

Those can give vibration issues. Durometer used Has been stiff....

You’d be better off with what Mike W suggests, OE, simple install, no modifications and no vibration problems...

Ran into this last week. 2004 ski with OEM mounts that 2 popped on me. Very mild mods. Bpipe, Footholds, just riding a rough, choppy lake. Went with the standard size Rhaas mounts, purely from a cost point. $100 cheaper than OEM for the set of 4. Hope I'm not gonna kick myself. Just want to put the least amount of money as possible into a 16 year old ski. They will be here on Monday to be installed......

Ran into this last week. 2004 ski with OEM mounts that 2 popped on me. Very mild mods. Bpipe, Footholds, just riding a rough, choppy lake. Went with the standard size Rhaas mounts, purely from a cost point. $100 cheaper than OEM for the set of 4. Hope I'm not gonna kick myself. Just want to put the least amount of money as possible into a 16 year old ski. They will be here on Monday to be installed......
exactly i’m not looking to spend a lot and they have lifetime warranty

Top Bottom