Minimal Ingredient Awesome Food Ideas

Another really quick one if you have an instant pot is 1 lb stew beefn pressure cook 1 hr. Then add a bar of cream cheese and a can of cream of mushroom soup and some mushrooms. Stir it all together and add wide egg noodles. Ghetto keto beef stroganoff. No instant pot just let the meat roll all day in a crock pot.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Another really quick one if you have an instant pot is 1 lb stew beefn pressure cook 1 hr. Then add a bar of cream cheese and a can of cream of mushroom soup and some mushrooms. Stir it all together and add wide egg noodles. Ghetto keto beef stroganoff. No instant pot just let the meat roll all day in a crock pot.
Thank you for this. I just foraged a bunch of hens of the woods and froze some as well. This will be good for using some up. Made chicken marsala with the first batch and pickled some . Yum!

Oh man. If I knew what shrooms I could eat out in the woods I would never go hungry around my place. I keep lookin into growing morels and oysters out there. I have tons of lil woodpiles I could innoculate with spores.

Mmmmm. I gots the oaks in my woods.

Heres one more quickie for the day if you habe a smoker. I buy a 5lb chub of bologna and rub it down with salt pepper and garlic, add some brown sugar and red pepper flakes if you wanna kick it up some. Toss that on the smoker and let er roll for an hour or two. If you really wanna kick it up weave a ba on mat and wrap er in that prior to smoking. When shes done toss a thick slice in a pan and burn the crap out of it. Top er with a fried egg and cheese on toast and watch out boys.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Crack chicken.
two chicken breast , one package of cream cheese, on package of hidden valley ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese.
put chicken breast in bottom of crock pot , cover with cream cheese, sprinkle hidden valley ranch dressing on top , cook on low for 5-8 hours, mix in cheddar cheese.
I usually serve it over rice or pasta but it can be used like chicken salad on a sammich also.

I'm necroposting here, but food is glorious, so...
Regarding smoking meats: It doesn't take much to do this, and all the expensive electric widgets out there (which I've used) are nice, but unnecessary. If you produce a lot of smoke, smoke saturation happens after a few hours, after which point you're just cooking, so you don't need to be on the smoker anymore. As such, a charcoal kettle, some charcoal, and a foil pan to catch fat drippings are all that's necessary. Oh, and smoking wood, of course. I've used wild cherry, white oak, and red oak (all cut locally for firewood and then just hijacked for this purpose) and I prefer white oak. My go-to is a pork shoulder/butt, which can be on sale here for $1.29/lb, with all the external/excess fat removed. Put that in said grill, with nicely burning coals on one side, and a foil pan 1/3rd full of water on the other side (meat goes over the pan). Add the wood (water soaked in advance, per normal smoking practices) on the coals and put the lid on and dial it down to a slow burn. Let sit for 2-3 hours, then move to crock pot with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, orange juice, similar slightly acidic liquid and slow cook for 4-6 hours until it's pull apart tender but not mush. Serve with your preferred sauce, or not. On sandwiches, in tortillas, on nachos, or just on a plate with some accompanying foodstuff. I've made this a ton of times... two actual ingredients (hard to be fewer!) and it's never been disliked (except by people who don't like flavor or meat, which I cannot count as valid critics). I really owe my interest in doing this to John Hardy's BBQ in Rochester, MN. I wanted to reproduce their signature pork plate with fried potatoes, and have succeeded. Proof is available if anyone wants to swing by... I just need a few days notice ;)

WFO Speedracer

Chicken and dumplings, chicken broth , cream of chicken soup, a can of mixed vegetables, Mrs libs premade dumplings put everything in the crock pot except the dumplings on low for a few hours, switch it to high a few minutes then start adding the dumplings one at a time, don't get in a hurry, let it cook till the dumplings fluff up and serve , that right there is some good eating vittles.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
We've been cooking 2-3 meals a week outside for the past couple months now. We stage the food in the morning, do yard work all day and then start the fire pit around 4pm to start cooking over a bed of oak coals.

We do Bedder Chedders and Hamburgers quite a bit but we have been splurging on some proper meals lately. There's a specialty meat shop up the road from us which has rekindled our love of meats again. Everything is vacuum sealed with an awesome marinade.

Current fan favorites,
- New York strip, lightly dusted with Montreal Steak Seasoning, grilled on an open fire, served on a half slice of Garlic bread, served with a side of Ceasar Salad.
- Mediteranean Pork Bites, grilled on an open fire, served with sliced up baby potatoes sealed in foil with salt, pepper, garlic and onion slices, cooked over an open fire for @45 mins.
- St Lois style ribs, marinated overnight and served with the same sliced baby potatoes as above.
- Bacon wrapped Armadillo eggs, (Cheese stuffed jalepenos encased in sweet italian sausage, then wrapped in bacon and then cooked low and slow for 2-3 hours.
- Smoked Chicken wings, Marinated overnight in Zesty Italian Dressing, dusted in Sweet and Smokey seasoning and smoked for 2hrs at 250F.

IMG_4862.JPGIMG_4863.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5926.JPG
IMG_7057.JPGIMG_7748.JPGIMG_7753.JPG

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

This may be a southern only dish but here goes, Combine one package of dried blackeyed peas, a packet of onion soup mix and one Vidalia onion sliced and diced into a crock pot, fill with water, cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours. I always make enough for a couple of days as it is even better the second day of cooking it.

If you really want to set it off make cornbread 1/2 cup white flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, one tablespoon of melted butter, 0ne egg beaten and enough milk to make a batter , dump it into a greased cast iron skillet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, put it on broil to brown the top watching it closely so you don't scorch the top.

I was just at the grocery store yesterday looking at small beef roasts and telling the gf about how I usually slow cook them as she's never done anything with a crockpot. This very nice little elderly lady sneaks over and says, "I have found the best way to cook these in a slow cooker is to just put a good dry rub coating on the roast, put it in the crockpot with no added water or fluids, set it on low and cook for 4 or 5 hours. The fat melts out of it, the center stays properly pink and nicely cooked, the melted out fat and water already in the meat will mix together and make a wonderful gravy, you can make it however you like but this is just my little secret on making a really great roast coming from an 85 year old that has made a few of these in her time :) ". She was such a sweetheart, but she said enough to convince the gf and I to give it a shot. We just bought it yesterday so we have nothing to report back on it yet, but how much simpler can it get? Dry rub on a small beef roast that has some fat on it, slow cook with nothing else in the crockpot, no water or other fluids, cook 4-5 hours and chow down :)

WFO Speedracer

Some of my favorite things are also the easiest .
Baked potatoes , stab them with a fork, dip them or brush on olive oil, sprinkle them salt and wrap them in aluminum foil, put in crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hrs.

And one of my favorites Spaghetti , I use Classico sauce but to each his own , one jar in the crock pot, brown a lb of ground beef on the stove add to the sauce cook on low for 6-8 hrs, I usually let it cook all day and stir it occasionally, boil the noodles add some garlic bread and you have a good easy meal .

Myself

manic mechanic
I boil up a Ramen noodle, then drailn most of the water. Put in the seasoning and dump in a can of the chunky beef & vegetable stew. It makes a quick, filling meal.

WFO Speedracer

Chicken pot pie.

You need two frozen pie shells , a can of Veg all, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of chunk chicken, open all the cans up dump everything into one of the pie shells, mix all the ingredients in the pie shell, remove the other pie shell from the pie plate, invert it and place on top of the other pie shell, smash it down till it fits bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the pie shell begins to brown up.

Make a box of mac and cheese however you do it, add a can of condensed tomato soup, no water just the soup, stir in and reheat if using the microwave for 45 seconds or just bring back up to temp in the pot if on the oven. It makes for a much healthier and more quantity option to Zoodles or Alphaghetti and you can season it however you like. I don't like to wait for the water to boil lol....so for me the mic method is put enough water in the Pyrex bowl to be about about 2 inches or so above the noodles, first mic phase is 3:30, stir up, second mic phase at 3:30, stir it up, third is 2:20 and the noodles are ready :D

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Any perogie lovers in the group?

Pan fry some chopped up bacon, onions and perogies, stir in a can of mushroom soup and let simmer for 5 minutes. Garnsish with shredded cheddar cheese and a few chopped green onions.

Top Bottom