Front latch replacements?

wydopen

onthepipe
Going to be building a stripped down fx1 hull slowly for my son..looks like finding a front hood latch is going to be a problem. Only one on eBay is almost 300$. Anyone found a substitute? Was thinking I could build a lip around engine compartment like a 550 and run a ratchet hood strap? Anyone found anything else that will work?

Going to be building a stripped down fx1 hull slowly for my son..looks like finding a front hood latch is going to be a problem. Only one on eBay is almost 300$. Anyone found a substitute? Was thinking I could build a lip around engine compartment like a 550 and run a ratchet hood strap? Anyone found anything else that will work?
300 or best offer . I give better deals when I dont have to include ebay

Mike at Northwet in Salem OR makes billet FX1 front hood mounts.

Not sure if this is a good number any more. It is what I found from google 503-585-5675

He posts around as "Wetracer" . I have his personal cell, but not sure if he wants that given out.

E350

Site Supporter
I think JetManiac posted up recently that he still had the Cold Fusion front hood latch. I have it and I like it. I got in trouble for mentioning it in another of your threads, but for anyone looking for the Cold Fusion FX-1 front hood latch, pm @JetManiac and see if he has any new in stock.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I think JetManiac posted up recently that he still had the Cold Fusion front hood latch. I have it and I like it. I got in trouble for mentioning it in another of your threads, but for anyone looking for the Cold Fusion FX-1 front hood latch, pm @JetManiac and see if he has any new in stock.
Oh bullcrap you did not get in trouble. I was being sarcastic "you see who his sponsors were in his sig line?".

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Sig line doesn't show up on the mobile site.

With a ratchet strap my front latch (wetracer version) doesn't even make contact. It keeps it from being knocked sideways but doesn't help hold it down at all. I removed the pin a long time ago so my hood would go on easier. Stock hood can flex and hop out of the channel on a hard side landing so a beefier hood liner is a great idea.

wydopen

onthepipe
Sig line doesn't show up on the mobile site.

With a ratchet strap my front latch (wetracer version) doesn't even make contact. It keeps it from being knocked sideways but doesn't help hold it down at all. I removed the pin a long time ago so my hood would go on easier. Stock hood can flex and hop out of the channel on a hard side landing so a beefier hood liner is a great idea.
I have a newish stock hoodliner for it. Trying to decide if I should make a mold off it or just do some reinforcement on the inside of the hood and run stock hoodiner.

Top Bottom