Freestyle in Cali ?

runninAmuck

SuperJet Jake
Anybody in here know of any places in southern Cali any bodies of water that you practice at ? We usually head to havasu to train/ practice but with gas prices so high I’m seeing if anybody has a place they go that’s closer where you don’t get hassled by the water cows. Thinking of calling local lakes to see if they’d allow it but I’m not hopeful. Just wanna ride man !

Attachments

• 6CBA853A-194B-4A13-912E-44B83A2595E9.jpeg
    6CBA853A-194B-4A13-912E-44B83A2595E9.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 37
Lake Elsinore is hands down the best local riding spot, during the summer just go on the weekdays. The water gets a bit warm in late summer but it's a really good spot, avoid the city ramp and support the smaller campgrounds on the mountain side (Grand Ave). Granada Beach in Long Beach is pretty good too, it's a bit sandy and salty and dog poop from Rosie's stupid dog beach. No stupid mussel restrictions either.

runninAmuck

SuperJet Jake
Lake Elsinore is hands down the best local riding spot, during the summer just go on the weekdays. The water gets a bit warm in late summer but it's a really good spot, avoid the city ramp and support the smaller campgrounds on the mountain side (Grand Ave). Granada Beach in Long Beach is pretty good too, it's a bit sandy and salty and dog poop from Rosie's stupid dog beach. No stupid mussel restrictions either.
Been there years ago water was nasty and patrol boats were out in force. I work during the week so weekends would be the only time to go out and ride.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Been there years ago water was nasty and patrol boats were out in force. I work during the week so weekends would be the only time to go out and ride.

How late do you work on Thursdays? Just rode last night w/ @subnsxr at a spot till 8:00 PM that's ideal for practicing. It's kind of a hush hush spot though and only open on Thursday evenings. PM me and I'll give you my phone number if you want to come out.

runninAmuck

SuperJet Jake
How late do you work on Thursdays? Just rode last night w/ @subnsxr at a spot till 8:00 PM that's ideal for practicing. It's kind of a hush hush spot though and only open on Thursday evenings. PM me and I'll give you my phone number if you want to come out.
I work till about 5 or 6 but I’m also an hour or so from Elsinore without traffic.

Elsinore isn’t too bad right now. Thats where I ride when we’re not in parker, blythe or havasu. There’s a couple spots that the park owners are cool with race and freestyle boats. Hit or miss with the cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
So cal is locked down. You guys get to ride in desert settings. Or ocean where you better not beach or the army gonna get your ski.

Nor cal we only have 1 lake I know of where you can't ride a ski. Sheriff up here throws us wake and posts the pictures to their Facebook page of us boosting it. Thats real nor cal. Yolo and above. Sac can keep that crap for themselves.

I don't know of a single lake in SoCal that you can't ride a ski besides a couple no human contact reservoirs, there are a few ocean beaches that allow beaching your skis such as Granada in Long Beach, Mission Bay and one in Ventura. The River is only 3-4 hours away. The lakes are best during the week, wouldn't venture to them during the weekends between Memorial and Labor day. I can choose 6 lakes (avoid Lake Puddingstone at all cost) to hit within 2 hours but with the mussel issue I stay at Lake Elsinore which for those who really know the lake it kicks ass! Granada is 10 minutes away from the house but the city has allowed dogs on the beach and now there are land mines to avoid especially on the summer weekends.

Top Bottom