First picture of 2021 Waverunner including Superjet

What info are they looking for? Seems odd they would care about customer name
Since there is a limited number of units Dealerships aren’t flooring them as of right now. For a dealership to sell them they must have a $500 deposit. Once the dealership sends the customers info and deposit into Yama Corp the unit will be sent. Then when the dealership warranty registered the ski in the customers name the dealership get the $500 back from Yama Corp

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I thought the TR-1 was 125-130hp. Is this a de-tuned version? Easy to turn that power back on, then?

t
It has some growl at 11:58:
Its the exhaust manifold which is the only difference I can fine between the ex and the vx engine.
I guess the tune as well. I have already ordered the vx exhaust manifold for my one when it comes

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Its the exhaust manifold which is the only difference I can fine between the ex and the vx engine.
I guess the tune as well. I have already ordered the vx exhaust manifold for my one when it comes

I would hold off on the manifold. The EX and EX-R have the same motor and manifold but 10 HP difference. Based on the article below its due to the ECU programming. I would put $ money into the ECU reflash before a new manifold, gaskets and labor (who knows if it even will fit or route properly in the SJ4 engine bay)

from boats.com:
The WaveRunner EXR ($9,299) is more powerful and lighter in weight than standard EX models, a formula intended to boost acceleration and top-speed performance. To increase power, Yamaha dropped the three-cylinder, 1,049cc TR-1 HO engine into the EX hull. This high-output version of the TR-1 makes about 10 percent more power than the standard TR-1 engine, according to Yamaha – a bump to approximately 110 horsepower from 101 horsepower (Yamaha does not publish horsepower figures). Yamaha says the power gain is accomplished in the engine control unit (ECU), which is programmed permit 8000 rpm in the HO engine, compared to 7300 rpm in the standard TR-1. To take full advantage of the added power the EXR is also fitted with a new top-loader intake grate that better feeds water to the impeller and a 40mm jet pump extension that increases acceleration response. With a single rider the EXR will offer a top speed of about 54 MPH, compared to about 50 MPH for the WaveRunner EX Deluxe.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I would hold off on the manifold. The EX and EX-R have the same motor and manifold but 10 HP difference. Based on the article below its due to the ECU programming. I would put $ money into the ECU reflash before a new manifold, gaskets and labor (who knows if it even will fit or route properly in the SJ4 engine bay)

from boats.com:
The WaveRunner EXR ($9,299) is more powerful and lighter in weight than standard EX models, a formula intended to boost acceleration and top-speed performance. To increase power, Yamaha dropped the three-cylinder, 1,049cc TR-1 HO engine into the EX hull. This high-output version of the TR-1 makes about 10 percent more power than the standard TR-1 engine, according to Yamaha – a bump to approximately 110 horsepower from 101 horsepower (Yamaha does not publish horsepower figures). Yamaha says the power gain is accomplished in the engine control unit (ECU), which is programmed permit 8000 rpm in the HO engine, compared to 7300 rpm in the standard TR-1. To take full advantage of the added power the EXR is also fitted with a new top-loader intake grate that better feeds water to the impeller and a 40mm jet pump extension that increases acceleration response. With a single rider the EXR will offer a top speed of about 54 MPH, compared to about 50 MPH for the WaveRunner EX Deluxe.
I already have the manifold coming If it made no difference then they would make the same one for the engine in both skis

ItsRixter

I am liking what I see from the SJ4 capability in the surf. Looks light enough to get air. In Dustin's review, he mentioned how the motor never had a misfire the during any of the surf rides. Additionally, Mark Gomez made several nose stabs and sub moves and it didn't cause a problem. So far this is looking good as the 4 stroke replacement (or better stated as evolution) of the Superjet!

ItsRixter

Check out how this TR-1 motor is modded for a GP1. Notice the electronics on the front were slimmed down from the bulky factory setup. No noise suppressor which is also pretty bulky. I dont think its going to take long for mods since manny parts already exist in one form or another.

Listen to the motor, sounds sweet and the ski looks quick!

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Check out how this TR-1 motor is modded for a GP1. Notice the electronics on the front were slimmed down from the bulky factory setup. No noise suppressor which is also pretty bulky. I dont think its going to take long for mods since manny parts already exist in one form or another.

Listen to the motor, sounds sweet and the ski looks quick!

Notice it has the vx exhaust manifold as well

Top Bottom