BEST IMPELLER for a 1995 Yamaha FX-1 61x 701 engine with a single SBN44 carb with the original Factory Pipe made for the FX-1 ?

Yes sir, stock SXR 800, set back 3mm. I tried a bunch of different props, solas and skats, whatever the flavor of the day was at the time (concords , skat swirls, different hub sizes) and pretty much always came back to the stocker SXR. Worked best for all around riding, surf , ripping across the bay, creeks. Seemed to me to be a higher quality prop, material wise.
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I heard everything from 3mm setback to 8mm setback when using the SXR800 prop in a 650 pump. Did you have your SXR800 prop repitched at all or is it completely stock? I think I remember reading that @Big Kahuna said the stock SXR prop was manufactured by Skat Trak for Kawasaki somewhere here on the site and it's a pretty high quality prop. I'm excited to see how that prop does in my FX1 with the Kawi 140mm pump swap after I get my 61x bored and ported and add the Factory B pipe, ADA head with 35cc domes, MSD enhancer, Wet Jet intake manifold, and 46mm Mikuni.

Flash-FX: I revisited your build thread. But didn't you install a 144mm pump not a 140mm pump?

Is the SXR800 pump 140mm? Oops! Answered by Kevbo above.

And hey all you guys who changed out your pump, do you have a used great impeller which will fit the stock FX-1 pump to sell me?

Just recently I saw a 18/23 swirl prop for the FX1 122mm pump for sale on the Facebook FX1 group for $250. I heard that's the best prop to use for a stock 122mm FX1 pump. I think it's still for sale.

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I heard everything from 3mm setback to 8mm setback when using the SXR800 prop in a 650 pump. Did you have your SXR800 prop repitched at all or is it completely stock? I think I remember reading that @Big Kahuna said the stock SXR prop was manufactured by Skat Trak for Kawasaki somewhere here on the site and it's a pretty high quality prop. I'm excited to see how that prop does in my FX1 with the Kawi 140mm pump swap after I get my 61x bored and ported and add the Factory B pipe, ADA head with 35cc domes, MSD enhancer, Wet Jet intake manifold, and 46mm Mikuni.
Completely stock. I think you'd have a pretty tough time repitching the OEM prop as compared to a Skat. Big difference in blade thickness.DSC06565.JPG

And as far as setback pretty much 3-5mm was about it. I believe I settled on 5mm, because pump location determined coupler clearance and if you tried to increase setback after setting pump your coupler clearance would open up when using the Kawi shaft arrangement.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
I sent my stock sxr800 to skat and Glen thinned the blades down. He cut the hub back 5mm. I run a rad dudes pump cone spacer on a R&D Afterburner cone in my 650X2 pump. Installed in my 140mm Fx1

E350

Site Supporter
Man this stuff is complicated... I think we will just go ride today and practice just to absorb it all.

We got to ride with FX1Dave wavewarrior last Saturday. He is a man with impressive riding talent and few words. But I got a tip about skiing faster and also pressuring and angling the rear foot in surf stance to keep the rear rail engaged especially when turning at 3/4 to WOT with my body in the water or preferably just above the water. I pulled off a turn like that one time. Most of the time I just fell into the inside of the turn and ski spun out. A couple of times my head came back up out of the water and I was surprised to find that the ski was still arcing the turn carving on edge, but then I fell back into the water into the inside of the turn.

I sent my stock sxr800 to skat and Glen thinned the blades down. He cut the hub back 5mm. I run a rad dudes pump cone spacer on a R&D Afterburner cone in my 650X2 pump. Installed in my 140mm Fx1
How does that setup work in your FX1 compared to the stock 122mm pump and what engine mods do you have?

Man this stuff is complicated... I think we will just go ride today and practice just to absorb it all.

We got to ride with FX1Dave wavewarrior last Saturday. He is a man with impressive riding talent and few words. But I got a tip about skiing faster and also pressuring and angling the rear foot in surf stance to keep the rear rail engaged especially when turning at 3/4 to WOT with my body in the water or preferably just above the water. I pulled off a turn like that one time. Most of the time I just fell into the inside of the turn and ski spun out. A couple of times my head came back up out of the water and I was surprised to find that the ski was still arcing the turn carving on edge, but then I fell back into the water into the inside of the turn.

I have the Jet Dynamics ride plate and it really helps prevent the FX1 from spinning out. I heard that adding a set of front sponsons really helps with stability a lot as well.

"Mild/moderatelybuilt", what does that mean? Either one of those impellers will be close with a wet piped 701 depending on its exhaust port height.

"Mild/moderatelybuilt", what does that mean? Either one of those impellers will be close with a wet piped 701 depending on its exhaust port height.

A 61x/61x 701, bored to 718cc, 180psi ADA head, LPW ported cylinders, Factory B pipe, Wet Jet intake manifold with Boyesen reeds and 46mm Mikuni, and MSD enhancer.

I've read a lot of people go with a stock SXR prop with blades thinned and say it's one of the best overall props, and I've read about others saying that the 9/17 Skat C75 swirl is a very good option.

Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom