2021 Superjet Preorder Status - Share Yours

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Hey Guys,

Now that the new Superjet is official, I thought I would start a thread with a focus on pre order status & tracking from those who have committed. Then we can see where and how many are popping up for delivery.

Why don't we start with pre-order date, location or dealer (indicate country if you are outside US) and ETA if know and then delivery confirmation when you get it.

Here is mine:

Pre order: Aug 5, San Diego , ETA November

ItsRixter

A few people PM'd me all from CA.

Tell them a new waverunner was announced today at the dealers meeting which was made public. You want to put a deposit on it. "superjet" is throwing them off. They should have a process. I think the model number is SJ1050

I called two dealers today, just speculatively, and got told 1) i’ll have to call you back when they get announced (???), and 2) go to the boat show in spring and preorder one then. So I guess that rules out any november / december riding.

I work for Yamaha in Northen Ca, We are taking deposits, we were told today to expect 2 this year and the rest of the preorders will be filled in 2021..... slowly!
I have a deposit on one personally and was told to expect mine in Sept, Oct. They will be sold in all 50 states , clean emissions, Tahoe legal. BBrrraappp
@Quinc Ill take your deposit bud :)
I have my deposit burning a hole in my pocket. I am in Reno and can pay the deposit over the phone. What shop?

ItsRixter

Dang only 2 SJ4 allocated to your dealership? If that is the norm, glad I was the first at my shop in San Diego. Now it they try to #$%@ me with a huge above MSRP markup, I'll walk away. Some tried to do that w the SX-R...now those things are sitting on the lot. In fact jetskis are sold out everywhere around here but a local shop Del Ammo is south San Diego has two SX-R sitting around. That tells you something in a hot sales market and you cant move those. Sad, and to think there was a premium market up on that- ha

I called the Yamaha Dealer here in Ontario Canada. He hadn't heard of the new Superjet yet but took my information down for when they are announced on this side of things. It'll be curious to see the Canadian price point and lead time. I don't expect it for less than $14,000 and Spring 2021. I hope they surprise us.

Cheers

Mike

when i put in my order the dealer talked to the regional yamaha rep and was told they are getting 2. he said they can try to order more but its unlikely they will get more then 2. it just depends on how many all of the dealers order. He also said they are only bringing in like 650 to the US. everyone needs to keep in mind even if its not a SJ these dealers order many boats, parts, PWC's and they dont always get the orders fulfilled because of covid. ID say if you are not in the first two people on your dealers list you might want to look at another dealer if you actually want one. I have heard this from 2 different dealers. both are large dealers, one sold 8 SJ's last year and he told me they are getting 2 next year because thats all that was allocated.

i wouldn't worry about supply. kawi did the same poopshow with the 1500 and now you can get them for way under sticker and dealers are stuck with them.

Top Bottom