X2 Pipe

I don't think you'll notice much difference between the superjet and blaster chamber. Niether one will fit properly without modification. I have a blaster limited chamber in my x2 with a 750 engine and it would not fit without taking a hammer to it in several places.

I have a blaster limited in an X2 with a fairly warm 780 kawi motor. I was able to get it in there with zero hammering on the chamber....but it was not easy. I had to do some massaging on the exhaust manifold for the chamber to clear, cut off the mounting bracket from the chamber, melt/massage the gas tank slightly, and cut out some of the baffles in the hood for clearance. Seems to run pretty well, but I suspect a superjet chamber would work just as well. It didn't look to me like the superjet chamber would work as easily with the stock tank.

If you can get the superjet chamber to work with the stock tank (probably will take some heating and massaging), or you're willing to use a different tank, the superjet chamber is probably the easier way to go and probably virtually the same performance.

I've heard that a superjet tank fits nicely with a superjet chamber, but have not tried it myself. Battery position could be an issue.

I also like the stock aluminum round nose superjet waterbox better than the stock X2 (or really any aftermarket X2 box that I'm aware of) but that is also not an easy drop in deal.

When you say "stock 650 chamber" do you mean the stock kawasaki "bone stock" exhaust, or do you mean the factory pipe 650 chamber? I would be very confident any of the factory pipe aftermarket pipes would be better than the bone stock exhaust, I'm not so sure that the waveblaser or superjet chambers are a big improvement over the factory pipe 650 chamber especially if it is a relatively mild motor package.

You may be the only other person in the world that mounts 750 E-boxes like that in 650s. The 650 Coffmans pipe seems to work well. My full length pipe goes 50mph at 7000 rpm on a stock sxi engine with a single Keihin 42.

I swapped in the blaster limited chamber in from the 650sx Chamber and honestly wasn't that impressed with the power output increased vs the work and time it took to make the blaster chamber fit. The 650 chamber will work fine especially with the small pin cylinder. I'm running a ported #20 cylinder with milled head for 100 octane, single 46 and a hooker 9/15.

20230219_193712.jpg
You may be the only other person in the world that mounts 750 E-boxes like that in 650s. The 650 Coffmans pipe seems to work well. My full length pipe goes 50mph at 7000 rpm on a stock sxi engine with a single Keihin 42.

Plenty of room on the other side for bigger chamber.

It seems that way but gets tight real quick. Not to mention, it's a pita getting in and out. It does look cool though haha

Attachments

• 7c5f81fa-7b59-40b7-b41b-63a1b97e522d.jpg
    7c5f81fa-7b59-40b7-b41b-63a1b97e522d.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 24
Larger chamber volume makes more torque. Small chamber revs higher. Coffman says cut tail cone rings and head pipe flange to increase rpm and hp. Increased hp on the dyno is only at higher revs . If you want lower end power or torque use the bigger chamber. That's why a 440 rips best with a tiny Kerker pipe. A 440 has no torque and relys on rpm for power. According to 650 gurus, the factory 650 pipe gives a bit more top end than the better overall coffman pipe. On a superjet , the mod pipe is smaller so it raises rpm and increases hp and is recommended for ported motor. The go fast guys like the fx1 chamber since it's even smaller. Mike Koe's old mod race boat had a totally cut down short chamber. Top end and speed was the objective tho not bottom end or torque

Wax. I suspect you would rather not divulge a lot of details, but I'm curious if this is something X2 specific or if it is like us X2 guys have been living already where it is a pipe that is more or less intended for a different application but also happens to kinda work in an X2.

I promise I won't assume it's a TNT replica. Even though lots of people are assuming that, or hoping for that.

Maybe it's more like the sxr pipe, which would also be cool.

Or something else completely unrelated.

Top Bottom