What are my options for lithium charging on my dock w/o power?

I'd like to figure out a way to charge my lithium batteries on my dock/in the skis without having to pull them out. I don't have power down at my dock, and I dont want to run a 100ft extension cable... That will be the last resort option but I'd prefer to figure something else out.

I know there are solar chargers that work on lead-acid batteries, but are there any similar options for lithium? If not is there a portable charging option I can use that I can charge in my house then take down and have it charge over night/throughout the day?

Anybody have a suggestion?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Get a small Honda generator. Harbor Freight actually has a small one just like the Honda that had really good reviews. Bit of you can react with a 100 foot cord, that takes all of 2 minutes...

Anything will work. A full size oem battery can charge the small lithiums a few charges. Check out some lithium 12v packs made for ebikes and such. Everything we use has been scavenged from something else.

Use a deep cycle battery to power a small inverter that will provide 120 ac power for your lithium chargers. The real battery charger is the only way to properly charge the lithium battery. Using a 12 volt battery to just bleed charge a lithium is not a good long term solution for a whole summer of riding. You can put the battery, inverter and charger in a small poly packer style truck tool box to keep it all protected and tidy. Charge your deep cycle as needed on shore or add a nice 20 watt solar panel for the deep cycle and make it maintenance free for the summer. ShoreStation makes a great solar charger that’s 20 watts with a charge controller and heavy duty fully adjustable mount that you could mount on your dock or nearby boat lift upright.

Use a deep cycle battery to power a small inverter that will provide 120 ac power for your lithium chargers. The real battery charger is the only way to properly charge the lithium battery. Using a 12 volt battery to just bleed charge a lithium is not a good long term solution for a whole summer of riding. You can put the battery, inverter and charger in a small poly packer style truck tool box to keep it all protected and tidy. Charge your deep cycle as needed on shore or add a nice 20 watt solar panel for the deep cycle and make it maintenance free for the summer. ShoreStation makes a great solar charger that’s 20 watts with a charge controller and heavy duty fully adjustable mount that you could mount on your dock or nearby boat lift upright.
More solid advise on the X

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Check out the carnage section to see the skis that caught on fire and burned do the lithium battery. Might be worth taking it out when you are done for the day.

Sweet. Yes I'm hoping to get a solar setup going and have a great location/area to do it at.

So in theory I could grab this battery
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...NO2AO&linkId=181b9d40e0c3da54671191ad9aedc259

then grab this inverter
https://www.amazon.com/POTEK-500W-P...rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=583328&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and stick it in a poly box of some kind and plug in my NOCO charger into the AC and plug that directly into my
GC016-12-volt-12v-dashmount-battery-indicator-xconnect-eyelet-terminal-connector-with-fuse-front.jpg

Now if I really have to worry about an antigravity lithium battery potentially catching on fire, i'll probably still do this to charge my superjets. But definitely didn't think I'd need to worry about the lithium in my TL ski blowing up lol.

Today I just used an inverter to my truck battery, a 25 ft extension cord down to the lake and a Lithium Battery Tender which worked great. Option 2: I can bring a Deka 12 to the ski and same setup minus extension cord.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Completely portable solution here.

Internal battery good for multiple charges, AND internal AC power supply for those times that 110 isn’t a hassle. Internal battery easily recharges with a few connection tweaks, no additional items required. Options available to suit stiffener budgets and/or capacities. Message for details, I don’t get on here much......

b3145dbe60850dc57edade9e2053ccc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom