Tom21/#zero sponsons-for superjet

BrightE's

Paul
They're not the easiest install, but they're freaking sweet once they're on. I had a set on my old RN, loved them. Fit and finish is great.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I love how mine ride and found they fit better and were easier to install than Blowsion Tubbies.

For starters, the Blowsion units require you to take measurements and mount them either flush or slightly higher than the bottom of the hull based on desired feel. Options are great but even slight changes in the mounting position can alter the overall ride and results can vary from every install depending on the installers knowledge of where to best mount them. Between the height and contour of the #Zero/Tom21 sponsons, they pretty much can only install in one spot and were exactly where they were meant to be for optimum benefit.

I also found the ride to be much more stable and predictable with the #Zero/Tom21 sponsons. The profiles are smoother making it a more gradual transition when they make contact with the water.

DSC01452.jpg2777.jpgDSC01441.jpg2778.jpg2779.jpgDSC01453.jpgDSC01454.jpgDSC01455.jpg

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
You can have tom lay washers in Tue mold to make them bolt on. And then just seal them to the hull with epoxy or silicone or 5200. This is going to be my plan this winter

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Tom21/#zero sponsons-review wanted

The tom/21zero sponsons are the easiest I have ever installed. Even easier than blowsion destroyers I think. The smaller ones require accurate measuring before adhering to the hull.

Like OCD said, the slightest bit off from one side to the other and the hull handles like garbage or is unpredictable at high speed and will chuck you off like an octane at full throttle straight line.

The zero/21 tubbies can only go on one way. I've done four of five sets of them now and they have performed flawless after each install.

Good to know on the removable style he is making now. I'm going to have to grab a set for my replacement hull for next season.

My bottom line on these is: you can't beat em for the price. Easy install and tom stands behind all of his work.

air blair

you are the reason
Tom 21 are the best out there indeed. Carves awesome, lightweight. I like to glass them in cause i have terrible luck with tubbies tearing half off with my abuse. Id totally install them on a sj weather it be rockered or not. They are the best.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
Tom21.co(yes.co, not.com)
and skishoprules.com
I'm not sure of skishoprules is up yet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

air blair

you are the reason
My advice on just screwing em on is def. Use thickened epoxy around where the sponson meets the hull nose and bottom. Thats where the trouble starts. Water will weasle under and pull it off at high speed. A washer molded in sounds like a great idea on them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mrk

Installed these on my super jet this spring/early summer. Very easy install. Fits great. Ordered the bolt on, black in color. Came with all the hardware. Handles great. Best bang for the buck. Tom was very helpful through the entire process. Fast shipping. Thanks again.

I bolted on the sponson's and also added 5200. total install time aprox. 2hrs plus cure time.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
white, black same price . 225 shipped.

Hey @tom21 I've used a set of your footholds and X2 specific tubbies on old skis of mine. I was very happy with the quality of your products and your pricing was great.

I'd like to put a set of bolt on tubbie on my Lady's Squarenose. Could you post up some detailed pics of your bolt on tubbies? Also, whats the current wait time for a set to be shipped?

Thanks.

tom21

havin fun
I rarely think about taking pics. plus I am not usually the type to hype my products. I have sold quite a few of these already and I am sure there are pics floating around by now. they are very similar to the x2 version you purchased from me and that may be something I will do in the future ( bolt on x2)

Here is a pic, and as far as the time frame, that is something I cant really pin down. everyday is a challenge. at best it is 2 days to make and ship and this last set I made took 2 weeks.

Attachments

• bolt on sponsons.jpg
    bolt on sponsons.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 408

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I rarely think about taking pics. plus I am not usually the type to hype my products. I have sold quite a few of these already and I am sure there are pics floating around by now. they are very similar to the x2 version you purchased from me and that may be something I will do in the future ( bolt on x2)

Here is a pic, and as far as the time frame, that is something I cant really pin down. everyday is a challenge. at best it is 2 days to make and ship and this last set I made took 2 weeks.

Sounds good @tom21. Sent you a PM about ordering a set.

Top Bottom