Today was a good day - the counter to trivial complaints

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
When you said you were getting a lift, I had no idea it could be so compact.

Is it light enough that you could stand it up and store it out of the way?

No its 1200 lbs! Was super sketchy removing from my truck with just me and an engine hoist. The good thing is the power unit acts as a Jack so you can pick it up and roll it wherever you want. Once it was off the pallet it was easy to position. I have ordered a couple of fittings from a local supplier so I can add a quick disconnect to the hydraulic line and be able to store the power unit when not in use. It will lift 6600 lbs which will get my truck and the majority of vehicles I work on up to comfortable working height. Came with nice adapters and some nice low pro adapters too. Can be parked over to keep it out of the way and once my mess of a garsge gets whipped back into shape, I will have some room to get on both sides of car without having to suck in my gut to get around car.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
My mom sent me this picture last night. I went from smiling to laughing to crying back to smiling in a matter of minutes. This will be my 4th Xmas without my Dad, but it feels like I lost him just yesterday. Pic was taken Xmas season 1968. And, yes, I was a tad 'big boned' as a youngster. /QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
So excited to spend the rest of my life with the one who wants me to set up a desk in the shop just so she can spend time with me, and brings me food so there's no need to take a break during a build.. And she loves riding jetskis. Couldn't ask for a better life partner and start to 2020 :) IMG_2920.jpgFB_IMG_1578160583899.jpg

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Two good days in a row. Got my lab work results back yesterday (freakin' vampires took 9 vials of blood last week) and I came back clean for cancer and a host of other not so lovely things they were testing me for. Today brought mom to the doctor because they were supposedly going to schedule her to have a cancerous lump in her thyroid removed (she is currently in remission for colon cancer). Turns out after doing some genetic testing beyond the normal testing they do on a biopsy sample, the nodule was actually benign. I may actually be able to sleep at night now. Been a stressful couple weeks....

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Working in the garage today fabbing up some brackets. I go to fire up my welder and discovered my Miller auto darkening lens has self destructed.

d9cf9408c5165a2ed4e4639045567a65.jpg

I was gonna post this in the Trivial Complaints thread later but in the meantime I looked online the see what my local Lowe’s has to offer and found they had a Kobalt self darkening unit on clearance. Reg $80, on sale for $16.

I ran down and found two left in stock so I bought both and turned my frown upside down.

93892f2dd944f0fb7980258fa43bd3ff.jpg

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Got the RN and FX1 in the water for the first time this year yesterday. 55 degree water, 77 degree air. Freakin' glorious. Rode the crap out of them both. (Rode the RN well for the first time out , and caught up on most of my swim strokes 'riding' the FX1) Whole body hurts today, but mostly my face from smiling so much.

E350

Site Supporter
I know I will be replacing the CDI and the Ignition Coil in the 1995 FX1 sometime in the future because I went through that with the 1994 SN SJ, but @TOBY's suggestion to inspect and clean the little fuel strainer in the carb fixed the problem, which I was sure was electrical. Pulled it, cleaned it and road three days in a row (updated) without a hiccup. Thanks TOBY!

Last edited:

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Company Broadcast Email today announced that they are revoking our 'Covid 19 related cost cutting measures" . So as of this morning I am back to full pay and got my 401K match back. I'm sure it has more to do with the mass exodus we've had here lately due to low morale than it has to do with our sales numbers, but I'll take it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Well, Figured out on Thursday that I had made a huge mistake on a project during bidding........ Dealt with it in my head all weekend at SFF.... Drove home with knots in my stomach......... Had to tell the boss about it.......... Missed a change in layout. Missed about 4500 s/f of porcelain tile....... Told him what happened "I can give you multiple scenarios as to how this happened, but it is my job to catch them and I did not"......... He never got mad. Called the owners of the Hotel and went to talk to them. Do not really know anything yet, they are tied up for the next 2 days. Maybe they will agree to cover the cost and labor (Had I caught it our price would have been $51,000 higher.......) or leave carpet in the entrance to the rooms like all the other hotels have..... Or, we have to eat it.......... was expecting the worse......... But minor reprieve.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Company Broadcast Email today announced that they are revoking our 'Covid 19 related cost cutting measures" . So as of this morning I am back to full pay and got my 401K match back. I'm sure it has more to do with the mass exodus we've had here lately due to low morale than it has to do with our sales numbers, but I'll take it.

Same thing and probably for the same reason.

Well, Figured out on Thursday that I had made a huge mistake on a project during bidding........ Dealt with it in my head all weekend at SFF.... Drove home with knots in my stomach......... Had to tell the boss about it.......... Missed a change in layout. Missed about 4500 s/f of porcelain tile....... Told him what happened "I can give you multiple scenarios as to how this happened, but it is my job to catch them and I did not"......... He never got mad. Called the owners of the Hotel and went to talk to them. Do not really know anything yet, they are tied up for the next 2 days. Maybe they will agree to cover the cost and labor (Had I caught it our price would have been $51,000 higher.......) or leave carpet in the entrance to the rooms like all the other hotels have..... Or, we have to eat it.......... was expecting the worse......... But minor reprieve.
Been there...... and it is the worst feeling. We do design and install and I am the designer and have missed things before also, doesn't matter how careful you are at some point it will happen.

Top Bottom