the trivial complaints thread

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
My friend is a boat mechanic here in town and they went to get into their F350 work truck 1st thing in the morning the other day and it was extra, extra loud, like straight pipe loud. Guess what? F'n thieves and their sawzalls. The cameras only picked up a dude in a black hoodie w/sawzall, no vehicle, just ran in the lot, cut, and ran off with Cat.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Your mechanic next time he puts the car up on the lift.. View attachment 425871

Ton of interesting ways people are securing them. Might also weld some rebar across the cat.

CAT+CLAMP+II.jpg

Just under 800$ into not including the mx chain I welded for the full length of the exhaust. The cat was 430. Rest of the crap they cut and or took with it added up as well..

*Pro tip if you weld MX chain to your exhaust make sure you don't use the oring chain..
View attachment 425870

Looks good….

I’d prolly remove the expletive statement, The welded chain is a silent FU already… We really don’t want a Tweeker with a saw cutting those brake and fuel lines in foreground as revenge…

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Customers you can't make a living without them and you can't shoot them. I had one that wanted me to meet him last Saturday to Summerize his two skis for Memorial day, I told him no I had no more business up there that day and I wasn't coming just to summerize two skis. And so the saga begins, he summerizes them his self, one ski stops running, now he wants to me to meet him this Saturday to look at the skis, again I say no you are welcome to drop them off . leave them and get in line, I am not looking at them Saturday I have people ahead of you, then he says will it just be for a day or longer, much longer I say its the middle of my busy season and again there are people ahead of you,

Fine I will just keep them here till you are ready to work on them. I say sure you can do that if you don't plan on riding them again this season, if they are not here in my presence I have many more that are and I guarantee you I won't even think about your skis again, if they are out of sight , they are out of mind. I finally get a text back saying he will drop them off Saturday. Some of the games these customers try to play baffles me, this is a one man operation, I will not be told by a customer how to run my business, this is not Burger King , you get it my way or you don't get it at all.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Customers you can't make a living without them and you can't shoot them. I had one that wanted me to meet him last Saturday to Summerize his two skis for Memorial day, I told him no I had no more business up there that day and I wasn't coming just to summerize two skis. And so the saga begins, he summerizes them his self, one ski stops running, now he wants to me to meet him this Saturday to look at the skis, again I say no you are welcome to drop them off . leave them and get in line, I am not looking at them Saturday I have people ahead of you, then he says will it just be for a day or longer, much longer I say its the middle of my busy season and again there are people ahead of you,

Fine I will just keep them here till you are ready to work on them. I say sure you can do that if you don't plan on riding them again this season, if they are not here in my presence I have many more that are and I guarantee you I won't even think about your skis again, if they are out of sight , they are out of mind. I finally get a text back saying he will drop them off Saturday. Some of the games these customers try to play baffles me, this is a one man operation, I will not be told by a customer how to run my business, this is not Burger King , you get it my way or you don't get it at all.
We went through a process years ago where I work where we evaluated all of our customers based on calls made, total sales, profit margin , future potential, and also the PITA factor amongst other things. When all was said and done we had a bunch of customers that it literally was not worth keeping based on time spent versus $$ made and we got to 'fire' some of our customers. That was one of the most liberating things I've ever done.

The really sad part is that he could learn how to do all the work himself but won't. Im always surprised at how little interest people have in their more substantial hobbies.

Building a new 30x 50 garage next to the house, pretty exciting except literally no one will show up to quote me for concrete, footers, or any other stuff I need done so I can get the building put up. I have called and called people if they even answer theres a hope, until it comes to getting them to show up. Most wont show, and if they don they wont give me a price. Cant believe this is the world I am living in.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Building a new 30x 50 garage next to the house, pretty exciting except literally no one will show up to quote me for concrete, footers, or any other stuff I need done so I can get the building put up. I have called and called people if they even answer theres a hope, until it comes to getting them to show up. Most wont show, and if they don they wont give me a price. Cant believe this is the world I am living in.
Welcome to construction.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Residential construction workers are the worst to deal with hands down, especially concrete workers.
The price of material and labor shortage is making it worse.
Either companies are so swamped they have to turn down work or they’re just undermanned.
Have you tried a company that specializes in specifically pole barns/sheds? We did and had no issues not long ago.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
jetmate was dying at full throttle runs across the lake. Figured it was lean so richened it up. Still was dying. So ran it with the engine cover off and the front head npt fitting was cracked and spraying water directly onto the spark plug and into the carbs at full throttle.. Cant imagine how long that would have taken to figure out if I could not have seen it happening real time..

The new detailer got arrested again, he out of jail and showing my boss proof of why he want here, it’s his possession of meth booking slip…. He said it wasnt his meth and he offered another time, he got pulled over because his back seat passenger was drinking so he got a ticket for an open container that wasn’t his either… lmao

Then he asks, you want me to work today ? My boss like yeah and check with your boss first to make sure today

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Job...........
Subs not showing up when they say they will. Did not bother to call and say they did not finish up last week. Just got my ass crawled by contractor. Our company is not supplying any materials or labor. (Epoxy Floor Job). Just a phone call for a quote and throw some Mark-Up on top. Easy money right.................... (Well, easy for company I work for, I dont see it). Contractor states, "I have other subs set up for Thursday, they have to be done". .......... Back the Truck up............ On March 11th I told him 4-5 days for flooring to be installed. So, they missed today. That should leave 4 days to finish......... But he has "other subs scheduled for Thursday"........ Let me do the match. Monday, Tuesday, Wed.............. That is only 3 days he allowed our sub........ Just told him, If they walk on that wet epoxy floor before it is dry, they bought it (Which means he, the contractor does for letting them in)..........

Dug footers for my new garage, had them all cleaned oht concrete guys lined up and concrete ordered. Stopped by to ask a question about them which led down a rabbit hole with codes inspector as to why I cant build my garage on a stem wall. He says since its an engineered metal building, I have to go exactly by their plans or it doesnt count. I cant do anything outside of what they show. And since their plan doesnt show that I have to do it their way. So now its 2200 dollars for plans that show I can do it on a stem wall, and then re-approval by town, then rescheduling all the subs and its pushed me back 2 plus months. This is a building you can literally use a helical anchor and screw to dirt if you have to and they are holding me up because its not in the plans to do it my way. I hate when people let their brains get in the way of doing a job.

Everyone got rich at the same time. It will likely turn around just as fast. It seems like I can only find good deals when I'm broke.

Top Bottom