Superjet is very "pipey" with the new setup.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Last winter, I sold my square nose and got a round nose. I kept the bored [84mm] and ported cylinder and modified head to put on the new ski. Old ski was single carb, new ski is dual 44's. Also went from a protec pipe to a limited B pipe. I did 125L and 115H jets. New setup rips great... The only problem is it has a half throttle switch. Below half, nice and smooth throttle response. Over half, and it explodes like its at full throttle. Just over half to full throttle is not much of a difference power wise.
I'm assuming this is a tuning issue? What direction should I try first?

your jetting on the dual 44s can change where your power delivers. the reverse jetting like your running brings the power on lower. i personally have tried the reverse jetting and wasnt very happy with it. also the impeller youre running will affect that as well. im running 2.0 n/s with 95g spring 25psi popoff with 117.5-125 pilots and 130-135 mains. the popoff should be almost spot on depending on your flame arrestor setup but the jetting could vary a little. i also have the restrictors drilled out on my setup.

That is what all good running skis do. Anything you do to soften the pipe hit will also reduce acceleration. Make sure your main jets and top screws are tuned rich enough, you need a tach and smooth water for that. You may be able to tune full throttle by how hard it pulls. A smaller nozzle or higher pitched impeller will tame the hit but also kill acceleration. I have a Superjet that I got pulling hard but its so annoying to cruise around on because of the on/off nature of the engine. Now I go cruising on my skis that have stock exhaust. Less power but they are easier on the body.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
Sounds like your finally riding a tuned ski

I've had people ride my 701 and say it had more bottom end than their 1000

The most low end I've ever felt on a ski was a professionally tuned 701 with 205 psi in a Blackie Chan.

Reverse jetting sucks imo. So does low popoff. None of my skis have poppff lower than 40. And all run proper jetting. To WA h their own.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
That's the perfect jet size for that setup assuming your pipe is set right
Im not sure what your pop off is
A proper tuned ski will hit the pipe hard, If you want smooth its the stock pipe your after

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
That's the perfect jet size for that setup assuming your pipe is set right
Im not sure what your pop off is
A proper tuned ski will hit the pipe hard, If you want smooth its the stock pipe your after
Figured you'd think so, your the one that recommended the jets lol.
This same setup with with a single 44 and protec pipe was extremely smooth throughout the rev range.
I have no idea what the pipe is tuned like. Its my buddies old ski and pipe, and it ripped smooth as hell back when he had it and I rode it. Seems easier to play with the pipe before the carbs though.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Figured you'd think so, your the one that recommended the jets lol.
This same setup with with a single 44 and protec pipe was extremely smooth throughout the rev range.
I have no idea what the pipe is tuned like. Its my buddies old ski and pipe, and it ripped smooth as hell back when he had it and I rode it. Seems easier to play with the pipe before the carbs though.
Ha ha
make sure your screws are all closed except the bottom one
open it 1/2-3/4
on the t to the stinger put a 4mm restrictor in it

Top Bottom