Sunken ski

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
just finished cleaning it down decent with degreaser and I’ll hit it with a buffer soon.
All rail turf will be replaced and the underside is in OK condition with some spider webbing that I’m hoping is just gel-deep.
Considering having the bottom redone before I sell the ski… 96A5C246-2FD9-4AC7-9E29-C64E9E724F83.jpeg

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
That stator section is pretty unique what is the story on that?
I bought it from a buddy incomplete, I think if I recall he was the one who fabbed most of it up. I got it with no core (allum insert that holds bearings) and no mounting tabs. Think I paid 100 for it? It was some weird prototype big hub setback 10 vein 155 he was experimenting with. The quality of the veins is actually nuts, I’ll get some pics up of it clean then. I haven’t seen anything quite like it so as far as I know he actually did make it (or someone did) . Thing weighs a ton.. I never got to ride it for longer than 10 min on the 1200 so I couldn’t tell you how well it works!!
It’ll most likely be put up for sale with a few other pumps, just not sure what it’s worth.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Tried to buff and polish it but you can see where the paint is still tinted poop brown (square is where reg sticker was)
It’ll most likely need hit with a cutting compound. C8247AAA-D17D-4F31-9911-EF4968C415C2.jpeg898F59BB-8A49-42D0-84C8-3F4D5DD709B6.jpeg

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Ok hear me out.. I’m considering committing some heinous acts on this hull…
The extent of the damage and delam to the front bumper rail would make patching a massive nightmare for someone of my skill level, my main concern being the cracks that run along the L-channel of the bumper. I’m strongly considering keeping the ski and experimenting with some glass work (with the guidance of a professional!!)
I was considering removing the front rail entirely, grinding into and reshaping the front end (almost like a rocker kit), and relaying/reinforcing inside and outside. I would make my cut on the rail right where the bad damage begins. I’m aware to some extent the rail is involved in bonding the front half of the top/bottom deck, but I’d cut it back enough to build it back up.
Will it look silly? Goood chance yes :)
Won’t be easy to get the angle of the top deck to blend into the angle of the bottom, especially with those chiseled angles running down the nose.
Maybe someone can change my mind, or add fuel to the fire !!!

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
You don't even have to remove much if your not concerned with a super cherry looking repair.

Epoxy mixed with chopped strand and milled fibers. Peanut butter consistency. Shove it in every void where it's spidered in the front. Allow to dry. 3 patches of mat behind that inside the nose are. 30 percent larger than the previous. It would never. Ever break.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
You don't even have to remove much if your not concerned with a super cherry looking repair.

Epoxy mixed with chopped strand and milled fibers. Peanut butter consistency. Shove it in every void where it's spidered in the front. Allow to dry. 3 patches of mat behind that inside the nose are. 30 percent larger than the previous. It would never. Ever break.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks man, if I go that route it’s for sure what I’ll be doing.
As of now I’m having a buddy draw me up a concept for remolding the entire front of the ski, if it comes out looking alright I’ll most likely go that route and have the front of the ski painted. On the fence on keeping the ski for now, it’s not worth much so why sell it right?

Top Bottom