Reaper, MX1, or V2X to replace Gen1 X2

Thanks for the write up. I grew up riding quads so I prefer having a seat vs an open tray. It seems like my only options are HX, Wave Blaster, Reaper or MX-1. I don’t know anyone with a Reaper or an MX-1 so it’s a bit of a risk to spend that $ on something I might not like. Back before I gave up standups (my back) I had a Rickter and didn’t really like it. I didn’t want a one trick pony, I want something to chase our boat with for big air but I also want something that handles well. Weight is a big issue. I really miss my Gen 2 X2 but it was a bit heavy as well. I currently have an HX (stock engine) with carbon hood and lightweight battery. I hate the fact I have to keep it stock though (I want something I just jump on and ride). That being said, I’m looking for something more nimble and lighter, sounds like MX-1 might be the ticket. Does the Reaper feel heavier then the MX-1? I’m guessing the bouyoncy plays a part in that.
Love my reaper. Never tried an mx1. BUT there is a photo out there of a reaper, mx1, and blaster. The mx1 is much larger then a reaper.

I wouldn't even consider it.

I’ve never ridden one. I don’t think they handle well and it might not be great on a large lake. However, maybe I’m making a mistake overlooking them.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
If you are in AZ hit up TC-freeride he probably has a mx-1 you can demo at Havasu. Try Krash as well and see if they have any dealers near you that do demo rides.

Swordfish

foolin around
Site Supporter
I really appreciate the buoyancy of the Mx1 in the rear tray area. Feels like a mix between reaper & blaster hull. The reaper sprays me in the face SUPER hard when I ride- especially at high speeds. The Mx1 does not do this at all. The dual hood latches on mx1 definitely give the hood a solid feel. I am running a dasa 900 +5mm stroker carbon rrp pipe torrent mag setback 155 skat 10/16 prop (shoutout brian @ torrent for the custom setback driveshaft)
It took me awhile to get this build done , but I wanted it to be proper. That being said - SUPER FUN SKI VERY RESPONSIVE HULL! Im beyond blown away at how nimble this ski feels while still having a wider rear tray & being longer than reaper. The rickter Mx1 feels like it has more “pop” vs the reaper that lacks buoyancy and sinks down in water much easier. I’m excited to push this hull to the limits this summer!
Last detail I have to do is the hood support shocks. I just got my air down bends from ASJP.
I can say that building this ski myself from
The ground up brand new has been one of the most satisfying things I’ve ever done. All the hard work was WELL worth it!

Ps- I ordered the new style seat for my reaper. I have yet to even install it as I see it almost pointless. I don’t sit down on that ski at all. The tray might as well be completely open like the V2x.

About the spraying... I just got a reaper the other day and rode it flatwater for the first time and it sprayed me really bad to the point where I can't even see. Is this just normal? Is there anything you can do about it? I plan to use as mainly a surf ski but it really put me off if I'm being honest.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
About the spraying... I just got a reaper the other day and rode it flatwater for the first time and it sprayed me really bad to the point where I can't even see. Is this just normal? Is there anything you can do about it? I plan to use as mainly a surf ski but it really put me off if I'm being honest.
Lean back. Change your foot position etc. I only really have the spray issue when I let off the throttle.

Yes you are correct the Reaper is definitely a wet ride. It is a total blast though. I also own a B1 and the Reaper is MUCH smaller and I personally think is much more fun. A couple guys I ride with have an MX1 and a TigerCraft Viper. They I would say are a "modified" B1. That said I dont know I would compare the Reaper to either of them. Being that I enjoy the smaller and lighter rides I am considering doing an AirBlair because they are that much smaller than a Reaper.

Top Bottom