Question? Battery cable lengths on 650sx?

If someone has there stock ones out ?
I am re-doing all my battery cables Negative and positive and i must have thrown out the old crusty ones that i took out
so i need someone to give me measurements for the
positive and negative battery cable and starter ground
Thanks

Get a tape measure and measure the runs.
Just an idea.

Mark44

I've suggested this to him. He says he wants the cables to be stock length for whatever reason. Since he has probably 5 threads here and over at pwctoday I say we should just start giving him random answers and he can pick the one he wants and trim/splice/coil as needed

Ok I'll start. The short positive cable is 6.82" the long one is 16.4" The ground is 22'

Mark44

Katie's Boss
p

I've suggested this to him. He says he wants the cables to be stock length for whatever reason. Since he has probably 5 threads here and over at pwctoday I say we should just start giving him random answers and he can pick the one he wants and trim/splice/coil as needed

Ok I'll start. The short positive cable is 6.82" the long one is 16.4" The ground is 22'

You are correct that is the length from the factory.

Mark44

sorry guys for being so ANAL ! ! ! LOL
just wanted the stock lengths

i know i could just mock it up with a string but i thought if someone had some spare cables laying around they could shoot me some quick measurements

i thought thats what these forums were for ,
when you need an answer for something you dont know LOL sorry to be a pain in the A**
Thanks for the help

That is what the forum is for but you didn't need so many threads about it. Like I said in my other post if I had a 650sx I'd probably measure it for you. It really makes no difference though. No one is ever going to notice if you're off by and inch (unless it's an inch too short.) I know with my skis that I've taken apart I just put all the cables in one box. There would be no way to tell which cable is to what. When I need a cable you go to the box and use the shortest one that is long enough. And if it was already in the ski it's not going to be easy to get the exact length. Really you should just make them the length that you need them to be. Forget about making things like stock. No one wants a stock machine anyway.

Top Bottom