FX-1 Purple Madness

Do you happen to know a rough stock hull weight, and about what you're shooting for?

I'd like to keep an eye on the weight of mine once I get a bit more time to dive into it.
You can subtract a 1.6lb intake grate and about 1/2 cup of water in foam. I'd say 85-86ish

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 34
  • weight2.jpg
    weight2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 35

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Mine is at least 100-110 lbs stripped.I laid up of a lot of glass under the tray to keep it together.But this was a surf intended ski.

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Finally got the ski in the water for break in.Went down daytona and to lake dias to run a tank through her.The ski ran great with just a small adjustment to the carb. LPW 735 with Zelle ignition and stock pump.It’s a great set up!

Took a while to get the ski running right before the trip,When l installed the flywheel,l didn’t get the key into the key-way. and it slipped behind the flywheel and could have been a disaster, but somehow the key fell out of the way.Have to thank ScottS that found my mistake.

My son will be riding the ski this year and glad to see him be interested again after not riding for quite awhile.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Finally got the ski in the water for break in.Went down daytona and to lake dias to run a tank through her.The ski ran great with just a small adjustment to the carb. LPW 735 with Zelle ignition and stock pump.It’s a great set up!

Took a while to get the ski running right before the trip,When l installed the flywheel,l didn’t get the key into the key-way. and it slipped behind the flywheel and could have been a disaster, but somehow the key fell out of the way.Have to thank ScottS that found my mistake.

My son will be riding the ski this year and glad to see him be interested again after not riding for quite awhile.
Wait, this whole time and you never pulled the flywheel??????????????????? Didn't I mention doing this a few times??????? LOL

Top Bottom