OEM 155 Pump Talk

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
As more and more hulls are now coming with 155 pump shoes I’m curious who all is running a OEM 155 pump and how is it working out?

DAG

That’s kind of the point of a discussion thread. It’s not right or wrong its This is what I did and I like it -or- this is what I did and it didn’t work as well as I hoped.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Im scared to say anything. As people way more educated than me will tell you differently. I run 155 and wont go back. Tunnel needs to mate. Mate.

Your son looked like he was have a very good time on the Dart with the OEM 155. Just dont tell people is only have a 701 motor in there :)

Setback 14v 155 with a stock 760/tl/pfp and full spec. Reduction nozzle tuning is a must, at 85mm couldnt even get the 760 to move the ski 94mm was best results. Droc has the oem pump working well with a tbm

Christian_83

Xscream
@DAG if your intake tunnel can feed the 155mm pump, there is a big gain to get, getting a OEM 155mm pump over a 144mag and 148mag pump.
I really got a lot more brap, going from 144mm mag (lenzi carbon SJ hull, 45lbs hull) to 155mm (KDX carbon 48lbs hull) same engine setup, DASA 850SS MSD TL, dual FS 49 and PFP (all setttings were the same). if i would have to compare with anything i would say somewhere between stock exhaust to B pipe or from B pipe to PFP.
Or i can show you a video of the diffrence:
On the first video, Lenzi 45lbs carbon SJ style hull (quite similar to KDX, no front rocker, maybe 1 or 2 inch longer in the rear) but 144mm intake tunnel and 144mm mag pump
I think i have around 15-20 hours on my setup in this video (and freestyle hours)

Next, excact same setup and settings, only diffence is 155mm OEM pump and another prop and KDX 48lbs hull. 3rd or 4th ride on the KDX hull, i may have total of 40 hours of riding my setup and freestyle (counting from when my engine setup was put together, in 3 diffrent hulls haha)

Hope this help you in some direction :)

DAG

Awesome to hear you saw some improvements going from a 144MAG to a OEM 155 non-mag with same drive line.

The hull I plan on getting is designed for a 155 so the intake tunnel is optimized for this size pump. This is the only reason I am considering moving away from my 148mag, will not fit correctly. The power plant I have people are very happy with 144 mags when setup properly. It sounds like I would be happy going to a OEM 155 considering those two factors match your experience.

Setback 14v 155 with a stock 760/tl/pfp and full spec. Reduction nozzle tuning is a must, at 85mm couldnt even get the 760 to move the ski 94mm was best results. Droc has the oem pump working well with a tbm

How did you get to 94mm on the reduction nozzle? Which one are you usind that you can bore that big?

@Christian_83 what is you reduction bored at?

thanks
Joe

Tpain was posting a couple years ago that he and PHP tried a stock 155 pump with the 898? in his hurricane and he said they never got it to perform that great and switcher to a skat 148/155, which was much better. the 155 reduction nozzles are bigger/beefier than the 144 and thats why you can bore them to 94 as opposed to 86. also requires a lot of grinding to get the trim rings to clear. turn nozzles are supposed to be bored also which is why its better to use a metal nozzle as opposed to the stock plastic.

Tom did have it in his hurricane last year. It hooked nicely... Just not as good as a skat you guys all know how this sport is always looking for the best!

Top Bottom