New to me squarenose

I fiberglassed the tray back last night. I think it should work well. Brought this sano pad set from back home that I had. Should look pretty retro.

I still need to put on the watcon hood seal I just got. I hope that should really help with water getting in.

I got my bars from back home on and a new finger throttle.

Does anybody know of a good way to keep water out of the fire extinguisher tube? Does the seal go bad?

I hope I can get it done and on the water Sunday.

Attachments

• AD31BAA0-B638-4F21-A832-77744E0A22D2.jpeg
    AD31BAA0-B638-4F21-A832-77744E0A22D2.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 22
  • C35B315C-F27C-47C9-9774-0641033D3688.jpeg
    C35B315C-F27C-47C9-9774-0641033D3688.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 24
All finished for now.

The sano pad fitment is pretty bad and the cuts are not straight at all but i think i got it like 10 years ago for like 25 bucks so it works for now.

Attachments

• 3445519B-D8C1-4F19-AD31-794EF475374A.jpeg
    3445519B-D8C1-4F19-AD31-794EF475374A.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 7B7414EE-0AF3-4050-A56F-376AA603B58D.jpeg
    7B7414EE-0AF3-4050-A56F-376AA603B58D.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 03DE1FDF-D3FF-41E8-BBEA-030F2CC1EC93.jpeg
    03DE1FDF-D3FF-41E8-BBEA-030F2CC1EC93.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Pretty pumped on my changes. The hood seal and stock F/A combo fixed the water in the motor issue i was having with every dunk. The turf has so much better grip and the bars are so much better. I sold my trailer and got this hitch hauler. So much better in the garage without the trailer. I need to figure out an easier way to tie this thing down. But it works good.

now it just needs a 701 or 760, tray defoam, probably foot holds, new pump shoe and and insert fixed for the front bolt of the intake grate.

Attachments

• jetski.jpg
    jetski.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 13

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
All finished for now.

The sano pad fitment is pretty bad and the cuts are not straight at all but i think i got it like 10 years ago for like 25 bucks so it works for now.
Reminds me of the JetTraction kit I am using on my build, hey at least the price was right.

Anybody have an idea of what i should be spending for a motor right now?

Seems like no carbs or electronics is maybe in the 500-600 range and with all that stuff maybe in the 1000 range?

E350

Site Supporter
That engine combo is interesting. (I don't need it.) The seller listed it here too. I would call him or pm and ask him why he is going back to a 61x:

I pm him on pwctoday. Honestly I kinda want just a stock motor out of a couch for cheaper and I can do the mods I want instead of questioning what somebody did.

WFO Speedracer

Should be a decent combo , think of it this way it's basically a big bore 701, 64x sleeves slide right into a 62t cylinder, the 62 sleeve is just a thicker sleeve, so instead of boring the 701 out to 760 they put 760 sleeves in it, make sense to me. If you are both in COLORADO I know what I would do. Given what exhaust systems alone are going for this is a no brainer.

WFO Speedracer

That engine combo is interesting. (I don't need it.) The seller listed it here too. I would call him or pm and ask him why he is going back to a 61x:

I would assume he is after more bottom end hit as the 62t-64x has higher porting, really all that matters is how fast you can get the engine into it's usable powerband.I have swapped a lot of 62T and 64x cylinders on sitdowns before, truefully unless some one told you you would never notice the difference.

He is not in Colorado. He is in Vegas. Honestly I am looking more a full stock motors in the 500 dollar range. Then could buy a new b pipe and head down the road. Seems like those big cast pipes ppl have a lot of issues. Not sure but back in the day I had a riva red pipe and it came apart every other ride. Honestly trying to keep it a bit cheaper at the moment also.

WFO Speedracer

The Riva red pipe was a huge heavy a$$ pipe and yes they had some issues, the PROTEC pipe is a very solid piece, if you have good lord mounts you won't have any issues with that pipe, but hey they only want , $1099.00 plus shipping for a B pipe and it's out of stock. I would keep that in mind. Also there is a lot of resale value on that deal or at least it looks that way to me.

WFO Speedracer

c pHe is not in Colorado. He is in Vegas. Honestly I am looking more a full stock motors in the 500 dollar range. Then could buy a new b pipe and head down the road. Seems like those big cast pipes ppl have a lot of issues. Not sure but back in the day I had a riva red pipe and it came apart every other ride. Honestly trying to keep it a bit cheaper at the moment also.
Ok I have to ask, in one thread you are asking about pipes and are looking at a Wetjet pipe or a cheater pipe, then in this thread you don't want the Protec pipe , you want a B pipe., help me understand or don't

Last edited:
Ok I have to ask, in one thread you are asking about pipes and are looking at a Wetjet pipe or a cheater pipe, then in this thread you don't want the Protec pipe , you want a B pipe., help me understand or don't
Was not sure what I wanted to be honest. Was more just wondering options of what is out there. Looking at Cheater pipes it’s probably atleast 500 in parts so not really worth it imo. Really just trying to get ppls opinion on different options. B pipe actually sounds like a decent deal except that you have to wait for it after really looking at all the options. 1100 bucks for something that is brand new is pretty decent.

Anyways tho me and the seller of the above motor with protec pipe came together with a deal we both like. He said he is going to get some comp test readings this weekend and try to get it shipped next week. It has the protec pipe. I do worry a bit about issues with the pipe. But hopefully I don’t have much. Sounds like he did not.

WFO Speedracer

That was a really good deal on that setup and if you really didn't feel good about it a 61x cylinder and head and you would have a Superjet motor, that 's exactly what a Suerjet engine is 62 cases and carbs 61x cylinder and head.

That was a really good deal on that setup and if you really didn't feel good about it a 61x cylinder and head and you would have a Superjet motor, that 's exactly what a Suerjet engine is 62 cases and carbs 61x cylinder and head.
Yeah thanks for that. Personally sometimes I get worried about stuff when there are a bunch of aftermarket stuff and unknowns. I’m kinda just a stick person with whatever I do. But skis are a bit different since they are so underpowered stock so I am gonna to take a bit of a gamble if the deal pulls through.

Making progress on buying the motor, anything i should ask him or make sure he gets me? He is getting me comp number and doing a leakdown test. I want a pic of water routing and exhaust pipe mounting. I think the rest should be straight forward. I think he will get a vid of it running also.

Hey guys I have a question, I got a riva freeride dry pipe. For now I am running single cooling. The manifold has 3 water injection ports on it, 1 is plugged and 2 have barbs. I was going to remove 1 of them and run my water into the single barb. But should I Tee off my single incoming water from the pump and hook it to both barbs on the manifold? Or just have 2 holes plugged?

Top Bottom