New Super Jet, which year to choose?

2017 or 2018 SJ Color Scheme?

• 2017 - Black/White

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 2018 - Black/White/Green/Blue

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
I am new to stand-ups and have decided that it's time to purchase one. I've had my mind set on the black/white color combo from 16-17 since the 16 came out, or so I thought. I found a new 17 about 8 hours away but also found an 18 about an hour away for a similar price. I was determined to get the 17 colors and now I am leaning the other way and need your help making the decision.

I've started a poll based and would like your input on the two choices.

black and orange

13 or 14. Same colors (orange and black).

I was set on finding a blue SJ when I got my new stand up two years ago but ended up with an orange and black 13 and I love how rare it is. Most people think I’ve put a fancy wrap on it. Or the 15 (and I believe maybe 16) are black and blue.

I’m honesty not the biggest fan of the 18 graphics. Colors are a little too tie-dye’ish for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 or 14. Same colors (orange and black).

I was set on finding a blue SJ when I got my new stand up two years ago but ended up with an orange and black 13 and I love how rare it is. Most people think I’ve put a fancy wrap on it. Or the 15 (and I believe maybe 16) are black and blue.

I’m honesty not the biggest fan of the 18 graphics. Colors are a little too tie-dye’ish for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-13 are black and orange
14-15 are black and blue
16 are black and white or blue orange and white
17 are black and white only
18 are blue white and lime green Seahawk looking thing...

12-13 are black and orange
14-15 are black and blue
16 are black and white or blue orange and white
17 are black and white only
18 are blue white and lime green Seahawk looking thing...

Not according to Yamaha, 2017 was available in black and white and the Blue, orange white. Even the 2017 parts diagram lists both graphic color options.

Yea rabbitbutton has a good list on most of it but miki is correct about the dual colors. They did pairs of years for color schemes for 12-17. I’d buy any of those, but i think the black are pretty slick. The 18 is just.. seahawks? Did someone say that? Barf haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen the bk/orange and bk/blue SJ's that have hood cancer already. I assume it's because the black asorbs the heat better and that somehow activates the mold realese Yamaha uses. I'm no expert, but our black 04 has more paint issues than our blue SJ has. Personaly I like the white/black ones so I'd be looking for a white one if I was getting a newer SJ.

All superjet hoods peel regardless of color. It is well known and documented that the cause is because Yamaha is to lazy to prep the SMC when it comes out of the mold and the paint doesn't stick. I guess it only has to last 12 months for them to care about it.

I just saw one here in California 3 weeks ago at my local lake. Guy wanted $8k for it because he just bought a Rickter.

Not sure why the blue and orange 2017 is so hard to believe? We all know all Yamaha did was slap VIN tags ending in 17 to the 16' models and it's a 17. THese things have been getting only Bold New Graphics since 2008.

Top Bottom