New smells

E350

Site Supporter
Amazon is the only place I can find it on the West Coast:
1663775203187.png

Update: I need to order another gallon before the end of this riding season. Fun facts: 1 gallon (US) = 128 fluid ounces (US) I run 40:1 mix which is 16 oz of oil per 5 gal. of fuel. 128/16 oz. = 8 8 x 5 = 40 gallons of gas per 1 gallon of oil. $55/40 = $1.37/gal. BTW, I also run premium gasoline in our skis.

Our 701 engines are 27 and 28 years old. I am not as knowledgeable or as experienced as you guys and gals, so I just decided to use what my research and reading indicated was one of the best, nearly smoke-free oils out there. And that was Klotz Ski Craft. It may be a waste of money. Hopefully I will never know.

Last edited:
anyone know if this is the Same as R50 but just has corrosion inhibitors? I have had great luck with R50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone know if this is the Same as R50 but just has corrosion inhibitors? I have had great luck with R50.

Not the same as R50. Seems to be very similar to all their other gasoline only formulas.

E350

Site Supporter
I ride way too much to buy that at $55 a gallon

I'm on my 13th gallon of Walmart Super Tec this year haha. Can't beat $20 a gallon

@rhugo21 I have watched your videos. I know you and your Oside Crew are the real deal and I know that my riding sucks in comparison, but have you really used 13 gallons of oil this year?

Because at 40:1 mix that would mean that you have used 520 gallons of fuel just this year.

1 gallon (US) = 128 fluid ounces (US) I run 40:1 mix which is 16 oz of oil per 5 gal. of fuel. 128/16 oz. = 8 8 x 5 = 40 gallons of gas per 1 gallon of oil.

40 x 13 gal. of oil used this year = 520 gallons of fuel

Last edited:

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
I get red line for free at work. But before that. I ran nothing but supertec. Ran it for an entire season in a dasa 1100.

The oil is inside the engine for like a split second in the top end. It gets a constant deluge of fresh oil in the crank case.

Oil related failures on these engines is very rare. Short of not putting any in. People smoke them from tuning

E350

Site Supporter
@Sparkplug et al. If an oil smokes more than another oil, does any of that smoke coat or build up in or on the spark plugs, the cylinders, crankcase, exhaust, water box, or exhaust pipe?

And if so, does it matter to the longetivity or performance of the ski?

I ask because I don't know. Remember, I am here to ask the stupid questions.

Because as it was once said to me during an on-snow exam, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions..."

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
As long as it has that tc-w3 tag on it; it meets the requirements. And the amount of money you'll save you will be able to put toward more gas. :)

I do run the more expensive smokeless oil when going to certain beaches with lots of granola heads and karens around.

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
@Sparkplug et al. If an oil smokes more than another oil, does any of that smoke coat or build up in or on the spark plugs, the cylinders, crankcase, exhaust, water box, or exhaust pipe?

I ask because I don't know. Remember, I am here to ask the stupid questions.

Because as it was once said to me during an on-snow exam, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions..."

Tcw3 has to pass some pretty strict testing. All oils that are rated undergo extremely serious testing. Much more than anyone here does to their ski.

You'd be hard pressed to find a guy on here that ran a cylinder down to 115 psi from 185. Over a period of time. Its always water ingestion or a failed piece of hardware that causes catastrophic failure. You could have to best oil or the worst oil and it really isn't going to matter.

TCW3 could easily be a better lubricant but it would smoke more. The other specs like JASO are for air cooled applications. The main priority is making less smoke while maintaining as much lubrication as we had in 1970. A 40HP 125cc race engine needs better oil, everything else is fine on cheap spec oil.

According to my engine builder/supplier ( CPT Chuck, Zack PHP) the R50 is way "stickier" and overkill on it's own. Per their recommendation I mix 3qts. Skicraft to 1qt. R50, so far so good. They feel the R50 leaves a nice sticky layer on everything especially when it comes to salt water.

Top Bottom