New billet manifold

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I'm so excited to show this off, its a new product coming out soon. I made a few mistakes on this one and have to redo a few things but its pretty cool. Just silly little alignment issues and so its time to fix and make a new sample. As you can see the throttle cable connects to the bottom of manifold so its a simple case of flicking the cable off and you're done for the rejeting.
its not to late we can make more changes if you can think of something to make it better.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 240
It's obvious that the front face of the manifold has a recessed area to accept an OE or VForce 2 style reed. I'm sure you've thought of this already but I'm curious - how will this work with a VForce 3 style reed cage? Will there be a filler plate the bolts in there? Will this space simply remain void?

It's awesome to see all the great work your doing to help our sport and address part issues/shortages. Very encouraging to see and it's admirable that you're fronting the development and tooling money to make it happen. I work in the product development world, so I know it's not easy nor is it a light financial commitment to make it happen. So kudos to you, sir.

It's obvious that the front face of the manifold has a recessed area to accept an OE or VForce 2 style reed. I'm sure you've thought of this already but I'm curious - how will this work with a VForce 3 style reed cage? Will there be a filler plate the bolts in there? Will this space simply remain void?

It's awesome to see all the great work your doing to help our sport and address part issues/shortages. Very encouraging to see and it's admirable that you're fronting the development and tooling money to make it happen. I work in the product development world, so I know it's not easy nor is it a light financial commitment to make it happen. So kudos to you, sir.

That's a good point, it also made me notice that there appears to be an o ring for the stock style reed, which is really cool, but it would also be cool to have an o-ring for a vf3 style reed.

People putting 48+mm carbs on things are mostly going to be using vf3 reeds I suppose (?).

2lick

Brap!!!
love that you moved the mount to the lower piece

People tend to run two size throttle cables. If yours is for the OEM smaller one, is there enough meat on the manifold to drill out and run the larger one?
Looking at the second design I think yes, that first design I worried maybe not.

if its something you haven't thought of i hope it helps

2lick

Brap!!!
One more idea... looks like you may have had yourself too with your v2 bolt location/spacing.
Taking off the speed plate efficiently on my current manifold is easy and only possible with wobble type Allen bits that can get in at the bolt around the fuel fittings, coupler, etc.

If the exact spot doesn't matter, i wonder if its possible to find a sweet spot and you could arrange the bolts so we can get straight on them with a regular tool.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
love that you moved the mount to the lower piece

People tend to run two size throttle cables. If yours is for the OEM smaller one, is there enough meat on the manifold to drill out and run the larger one?
Looking at the second design I think yes, that first design I worried maybe not.

if its something you haven't thought of i hope it helps
Thats a great idea, which i cant incorporate lol. it just makes the manifold really wide in that area, I did the first version and I had the very problem you talked in as in regards to the bolts to get it off. I have a version two straight off the printer with the holes relocated to stop this. Thanks for your input

2lick

Brap!!!
Good, I'm glad my thoughts helped.

I "think" a lot of folks run the Jetmaniac BB throttle cable, if your manifold cant accept it it may limit your market.

BB Throttle Cables
MANIAC Big Bore Throttle Cable 32.95
Big and beefy!
Are you sick and tired of constantly breaking, kinking, hard to pull Yami sized and priced throttle cables?
These cables are 'large and in charge.' Super sized outer jacket with same sized center cable equals easy to pull. Butter smooth throttle control!
MANIAC cables are Kawi sized so no more need for a 'Yami adapter' for your a/m finger throttle. Your carb mounting bracket will require enlarging the slot or hole to fit this big snake of a cable, but you will get a laugh tightening your new cable ends with a 14mm wrench instead of a 10mm size.
Cable has a larger throw which will require moving your throttle bracket downward or use of a carb throttle wheel. If you have a standard RN superjet dual 38 setup, all you need to do is move the throttle bracket that is bolted on the top of the intake manifold. Reattach the bracket on the bottom of the intake manifold after enlarging the cable slot and you are go to go.
Now includes a custom brass jam nut at throttle end for easier adjustment.
Quality Stainless Steel ends and construction. 1 year MANIAC warranty-covers center pull cable breakage.
Available in 2 sizes:
RN length 82.5" from end to bend
or
'almost SN' length 90.5" from end to bend
MANIAC Big Bore Throttle Cable $32.95

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
We made one in billet and found a few parts I was not happy with and so we have been redoing the drawing and its now waiting for time for the finial print on the 3d printer. We have another product on it now it you would be very interested in

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
End of November update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are so busy on the header pipes all the spare money is taken up. We are in the process of making the new one as the one we made was not 100% right. Im still trying to figure out the best way to make the throttle cable bracket work the best

Top Bottom