Need info comparing DVX sand Helium

Hello all, looking for info comparing a helium to a dvx. Looking to buy a Helium but I have been seeing more DVX available. Trying to make an educated decision. Thanks, Brian.

Big Kahuna

Administrator

@Wakerider26 Peter can give a good description

@Wakerider26 Peter can give a good description
Great. Looking forward to it.

I ride two different DVX's and love them both. I've never ridden a Helium but have inquired before about the difference to riders, George Jukish, Dusty Evans, Evan Krefski and John Krenn.

George Jukish said: "

We have both and helium is same length and 1.25” wider than dVX. Significantly more stable but does everything as good or better in my opinion.

I don’t notice any difference in ability to do consecutive flips."

Dusty Evans advised that the Helium rides flatter and is a little more difficult to barrel roll; he prefers the DVX and had a new one made by XS even with a choice between the two.

John Krenn advised that he thought the Helium lands a little harder when I asked him that question ( given that it has wider rails that capture water on impact).

Evan Krefski recommends the Stoyer built DVX hulls because they're built solid.

Last edited:
Im almost certain that the helium is 1" shorter and 1 1/2" wider than the dvx. Ive ridden both. The helium spins and flips easier. It does seem to ride lot flatter than the dvx. Both are good hulls and you cant go wrong with ether.

Last edited:
Im almost certain that the helium is 1" shorter and 1 1/2" wider than the dvx. Ive ridden both. The helium spins and flips easier. It does seem to ride lot flatter than the dvx. Both are good hulls and you cant go wrong with ether.
I like the idea of spins easier!!

clouse22

BDB Kustomz
Site Supporter
I owned multiple dvxs and then got the helium when they came out (900rr powerplants). After 2 heliums, I actually went back to a DVX. Being a smaller rider (about 170lbs), the helium is so stable that I could not get the ass end of the ski down during setup wakes, still cannot on my buddies tpe1200 helium.

Honestly, you cannot make a bad choice here. Both are great hulls and most importantly great quality and well built. They are both easy as a superjet to build/maintain. My only complaint is the pole setup. Seems like every year you need to replace bushings/uprights to keep the pole tight

I owned multiple dvxs and then got the helium when they came out (900rr powerplants). After 2 heliums, I actually went back to a DVX. Being a smaller rider (about 170lbs), the helium is so stable that I could not get the ass end of the ski down during setup wakes, still cannot on my buddies tpe1200 helium.

Honestly, you cannot make a bad choice here. Both are great hulls and most importantly great quality and well built. They are both easy as a superjet to build/maintain. My only complaint is the pole setup. Seems like every year you need to replace bushings/uprights to keep the pole tight
Good info. I’m 5’8 about 200lbs. I like the look of the pole so bushings is a small price to pay lol.

clouse22

BDB Kustomz
Site Supporter
Good info. I’m 5’8 about 200lbs. I like the look of the pole so bushings is a small price to pay lol.
Oh yeah, xs pole is great. I recommend running an ADA or thrust steering though. They bolt right up. For some reason on all of mine I had issues with the pole coming loose from the underside. Therefore you have to remove the tank and exhaust to get to them to replace/tighten up. More annoying that anything.

Oh yeah, xs pole is great. I recommend running an ADA or thrust steering though. They bolt right up. For some reason on all of mine I had issues with the pole coming loose from the underside. Therefore you have to remove the tank and exhaust to get to them to replace/tighten up. More annoying that anything.
Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for pole issue when I locate a ski. If you hear of a helium in the 20k range let me know if you think of it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Peter Waldron had a HE2, He sold it and I think went back to a DVX, Just did not work for him......... But this is a preference thing....... Try to find some to test ride to see.

Peter Waldron had a HE2, He sold it and I think went back to a DVX, Just did not work for him......... But this is a preference thing....... Try to find some to test ride to see.
I wish I had the opportunity to ride both back to back. I agree a lot is based on preference which is why I wanted to know what was different in the hulls. Biggest problem was before this post I wanted a helium, now I’m torn between the 2! Lol

Jcary85

Site Supporter
I’m 5’10” 200lbs. I’ve ridden both many times both with various 1200 power plants. We had my dvx and a close friends helium on the water 4 times a week for 2 seasons. The helium is more buoyant in the back. It will recover better when u sink the ass end after overrotating or something. The DVX makes a better setup wake. Helium rotates a little faster in flips. They both spin about the same. Honestly, as a spectator, you wouldn’t tell any difference in height/trick count/etc if you watched one of us ride the dvx or helium. The differences are minor riding style things that you can get used to on either hull.

It’s worth noting the older DVXes are a bit stronger IMHO. The stoyer built ones.

Top Bottom