Midshaft spacer

Back when I first assembled my 2010 superfreak I didn't know anything about needing a midshaft spacer. I've been running it without a spacer for years, but I have it apart for a new midshaft housing and a bunch of other repairs. It does have a small wear mark from the housing rubbing. I was going to grab a spacer, then I looked at the back of the midshaft housing and wondered if anyone has chucked it in a lathe and just cut 1.5 to 2mm off the end of the housing to give it clearance. Thoughts? The seals don't come all the way to the back edge so that shouldn't be a problem.

Attachments

• 20211003_163452.jpg
    20211003_163452.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 71

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Pull that plastic spacer out of inside of the housing. Remove the dowel pin from the housing. SF dont need a midshaft spacer, unless older pre-badass hull.

It is an older hull. My Circus has the recess that is needed for the midshaft. The swoopy sided hybrid that has a badass bottom with swoopy top and was originally Cory`s ski has a flat bulkhead. Same with the green pre-badass that I just picked up. I think that this one might have been your old ski. I had been running Cory`s old ski without a spacer since I picked it up, but it has a wear mark on the midshaft housing. So I`m trying to decide how I want to fix it.

Attachments

• 20211015_135639.jpg
    20211015_135639.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom