Meals

So I am getting laid off from work tomorrow for about 6 weeks. While I am laid off I want to really watch what I eat. I am looking at starting to do some weight training as well (3 days a week, and cardio on the other two days.). I currently am about 5-11" and 190 pounds. Id like to get back to the 175-180 I was when I graduated HS. Does anyone have some healty meal choices (breakfest lunch and dinner) I can consider while im laid off, or some good routines I could follow to cut 10 pountds while muscling up a bit?? Im all ears....

Oh, and I drink 1-3 times a week which won't change!

Last edited:

Emm

skank
skinless chicken thighs are CHEAP and taste pretty dang good and are still healthy although they do have a little more fat than chicken breasts. Cook them for a week and them eat them with a cheap, easy side (maybe a sweet potato)

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
Try the low carb, high fat diet. Eat eggs, ditch bread, pasta, potatoes. Lots of veggies, NO beer, soda (diet soda is OK) or booze. No cookies, donuts or that stuff. Eat loads of nuts, drink water. If you need to get the buzz, red wine or vodka/scotch shots is better than beer. Try this; a black cup of coffee and then 30 minutes of walking before breakfast. This will burn fat for sure. Buy a cook book which is based on GI (glychemical index) method. The only thing you need to understand is that if you do lots of high intensity work out, you need to add "good carbs" after training. Feel free to ask, I lost 12 pounds over 3 months using this method.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
we replace our red meats with turkey and fish. we also dont eat out as much, you can atleast see what is going in your food. there is a lot of things that are fat free now days....I used to do the p90x this spring, but have fallen out of that routine. I need to get back into it!!!!

Try the low carb, high fat diet. Eat eggs, ditch bread, pasta, potatoes. Lots of veggies, NO beer, soda (diet soda is OK) or booze. No cookies, donuts or that stuff. Eat loads of nuts, drink water. If you need to get the buzz, red wine or vodka/scotch shots is better than beer. Try this; a black cup of coffee and then 30 minutes of walking before breakfast. This will burn fat for sure. Buy a cook book which is based on GI (glychemical index) method. The only thing you need to understand is that if you do lots of high intensity work out, you need to add "good carbs" after training. Feel free to ask, I lost 12 pounds over 3 months using this method.

good info you are on the right track . its Carbs not fat that is the enemy if you going to eat Carbs only eat them before lunch time and make sure they have a LOW GI number

Thanks for the insite, we start tomorrow morning! One question though about the drinking part. I know its best to not drink, but like i said its going to happen. Afterall that is what 22 year old guys do when they go out for the weekend right?? I drink diet pop as it is anyway and my drink of choice is captain and coke (diet).... that an ok choice or do i need to find a vodka drink to enjoy (not a vodka fan)??

i drink but only clear sprits , vodka , gin , or good tequila . try Vodka and cranberry juice its very vasty .

diet soada if full of chemicals an makes you hold a lot of fluid , you cant beat plain water try to drink 3-4 liters a day if you want soda after fair enough but drink water first

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
Thanks for the insite, we start tomorrow morning! One question though about the drinking part. I know its best to not drink, but like i said its going to happen. Afterall that is what 22 year old guys do when they go out for the weekend right?? I drink diet pop as it is anyway and my drink of choice is captain and coke (diet).... that an ok choice or do i need to find a vodka drink to enjoy (not a vodka fan)??

try whiskey and water. or on a diet side of whiskey (mount royal light and water)

Only eat whole foods. meats, fruit , veggies, brown rice, nuts, foods with one ingredient. These are foods your body was built to eat. You will burn fat and build muscle. Remember:body building is 20% working out and 80% of what you put in your mouth!

Also its better to eat 6 times a day in small portions. (not 2 or 3 big meals). Dont eat 2 hours before you go to bed.

hope this helps

I also recommend you this diet
Try the low carb, high fat diet. Eat eggs, ditch bread, pasta, potatoes. Lots of veggies, NO beer, soda (diet soda is OK) or booze. No cookies, donuts or that stuff. Eat loads of nuts, drink water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom