Hurricane adjustable foothold kit.

sharkcus

Breakin' the atmosphere.
http://www.hurricaneind.com/store/p76/Adjustable_Hurricane_Hold_Kit.html

This is my first negative review. And part of this is fueled from anger over a RN hull that is so terrible I should probably just throw it in the trash. I just feel like if you pay a premium for something, it should be double checked for quality.

So rather than making my own and going standard tray widening/foot hold route... I decided to spend a little money and buy a pre-made solution. It came with a hefty price tag, but I was okay with it for something turnkey and nice, considering all the other issues I've had with this hull, I figured this is something I wouldn't have a problem with if I bought nice ones. I watched the install videos, read reviews, etc... I received them and I checked for missing parts, everything looked okay at first glance. I cut my ski apart in preparation and tried to line everything up, but something was off and I couldn't get everything even close to centered. Turns out the two pieces are very different. I don't mind the trimming/tabs being off on the bottom, but the holds themselves are too different for me to go forward with. Kinda stuck here since I already cut this hull up. I'll reach out to hurricane too. I'll also gladly update this review based on response.

Attachments

• 20200627_173402.jpg
    20200627_173402.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200627_173415.jpg
    20200627_173415.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200627_173429.jpg
    20200627_173429.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200627_173449.jpg
    20200627_173449.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 112

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The differences in the first picture are to clear the stock exhaust tube I believe. You said your hull had been modified. Does it still have the stock exhaust? The stock exhaust tube starts at the top front right of the tray and slopes down towards the outlet. All big foot holds and wide trays have to accommodate for the pipe unless the pipe has been removed.

The differences in the first picture are to clear the stock exhaust tube I believe. You said your hull had been modified. Does it still have the stock exhaust? The stock exhaust tube starts at the top front right of the tray and slopes down towards the outlet. All big foot holds and wide trays have to accommodate for the pipe unless the pipe has been removed.

I’ve installed these with no issue. Different because the exhaust tube. Can send pics of install if you want. Happy to help

sharkcus

Breakin' the atmosphere.
Lowered the exhaust, but I my issue was more toward the rear of the ski, they don't have the same curve and don't stop at the same spot. It's in the shadow area of the first pic (of course) They also aren't the same angle (3rd pic), so if I want to use them, I will have to cut the bottom off one and reshape it, as it won't flex enough to sit flat. I also just realized they aren't selling things anymore. Oh well.

Attachments

• hurricane.PNG
    hurricane.PNG
    149.8 KB · Views: 106

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I might take you up on it. I am going to see if I can bend them enough without breaking to get close.

Everything in this sub forum is moderated and has to be approved to be seen. This thread can stay active for discussing the Hurricane customer service and the product quality, but start a thread in the ski build ups section and post pictures of the holds in the hull. That sub forum will make it much easier for people to help you try to overcome the install problem your are having. It'll also prevent extra work for the moderators (which is only to prevent personal attacks).

Remember you can use the @ symbol to tag people which causes them to get an alert. So if you start a build thread you can do @nbenje1 which will alert him in the same way as a quote. You can also click the quote here and cut and paste it into a new thread. Either way will grab his attention.

Top Bottom