How deep do skis sink?

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
On the second week of my ski being lost in a lake, have had guys sonar jusr about half of the lake now. I’m pretty positive when they sink they sink, but a lot of dudes are thinking it’s suspended. Anyone have any experience with sinking skis? Lol

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Ugh my guess it just sank to the bottom. How deep is the lake?
40 foot where it sank, freak accident where lanyard didn’t shut ski off and throttle stuck, bumped some dudes boat and flipped over where everyone watched it sink. Have had a manhunt for this thing for a week now with sonar and side scan and nothing. Out of 13 thousand dollars right now.. got ten minutes on a new dasa 1200 and brand new rrp pipe.

Scuba dive and swim downriver? Seems like you'd have a hard time picking it up on a sonar assuming you're talking fish finder. Is it at least clear-ish water?

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Scuba dive and swim downriver? Seems like you'd have a hard time picking it up on a sonar assuming you're talking fish finder. Is it at least clear-ish water?
Water has about 2 foot of mud at the bottom and diver couldn’t see his own hand with dive light cause of sediment. The side scan can pick out rocks on the floor the size of my fist so I’m surprised it hasn’t turned up. Thinking someone found it surfaced and stole it or it’s burried...

Water has about 2 foot of mud at the bottom and diver couldn’t see his own hand with dive light cause of sediment. The side scan can pick out rocks on the floor the size of my fist so I’m surprised it hasn’t turned up. Thinking someone found it surfaced and stole it or it’s burried...

Eesh, brutal.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter
l have said this several times before about skis sinking just below the surface by having just enough foam in them to make them neutral in buoyancy.Maybe sinking 10-15 feet below the surface and being taken away by the current.l never put foam in any superfreak that l built from the ground up.There just wasn’t enough room under the tray.
How short was the ski?

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
l have said this several times before about skis sinking just below the surface by having just enough foam in them to make them neutral in buoyancy.Maybe sinking 10-15 feet below the surface and being taken away by the current.l never put foam in any superfreak that l built from the ground up.There just wasn’t enough room under the tray.
How short was the ski?
Not sure on length I think OL on title is just over 7’.. I know he closed cell foams the tray but that’s it. It wouldn’t have even sunk but the ball valve scupper let the air pocket out. Thing is all but useless for its intended purpose but sure is good at sinking my ski. Not much current unless it fell into the underwater river but there was tons of boat traffic that day..

My EME I had would sink like a rock, and I mean literally like a rock. Tore off two scupper flaps and both times by the time I realized what was happening it had water over the carbs and was going down like a brick. My buddies Arial 8 was the same way. I would spend most of your time looking where it went down.

Top Bottom