ET 967 Tuning Thread

My understanding as well from discussions with Art, was that the CNC porting on these does not leave much on the table. With years of R&D to maximize power, which involves optimizing porting, it would not make much sense if there was much (if any) to be gained by hand porting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
My understanding as well from discussions with Art, was that the CNC porting on these does not leave much on the table. With years of R&D to maximize power, which involves optimizing porting, it would not make much sense if there was much (if any) to be gained by hand porting.

Years of R&D? Does he even ride?! lol All the cylinders come out of the cast or off the cnc with more to be had after porting. Including Dasa, php, and everyone else.

Lol, well I can’t speak for Art nor the validity of what I was told. And yea, there is always some room for improvement with porting, it just often comes with reduced ring life, and shifting the powerband around, not necessarily always making more hp/tq. Maybe it’s because I just dropped $4k on a 967, but I have to believe there was some level iterative testing to make sure the final CNC design was fairly optimized (not just a shot in the dark lol). As long as it’s better than the weak 997KV engine I had in my RTP, I’ll be happy. That thing was gutless, even with high comp heads, and total loss.

Blue

Judging your cheapness
I ran a 10/16 in a 148 with a php 898 and an 850 superbore so i would think it would be very close.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I bought a 7/12 5mm setback for an oem 155 in my Shortened/rockered/widened SJ. Haven’t finished the build yet but I asked around to quite a few builders and this was the common recommendation. I can give a review in the next couple weeks :)

joecef

Live fast, Die Fat
Does anyone have total loss timing set up for the 967

Top Bottom