Emtb opinions

So I’ve been researching bikes for a while. Question for people, on a full suspension ebike, which motor would be my best option, between Bosch, shamino, or Yamaha. Has anyone rode a haibike, particularly the full 7.0? I have an option on a low mileage fullseven 7.0 lt for a very reasonable price. I currently ride a non electric cannondale on moderate terrain. But the older I get the more the ebike sounds better… And the wife just got one and we put 72 miles on it in a weekend while camping. My legs were worn out on my bike! Thanks for any opinions, reviews or advice.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
If you are doing mostly offroad and jumping you want to stick with a bike where the motor is on the crank and not a hub. Peddaling is so 1990's though. Get a sur-ron. :)

I read your review on the sur-ron. It’s too heavy for my bike rack, when the toy hauler is full… and I don’t think the kids “shotgun” seat will fit the frame. But they are a cool idea.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
We have 2 guys here in town that Honestly need an ebike. Bad Knee's and Ankles. Any other that have them get laughed at. That said, There are some places like Bentonville Ark where there is a good argument for having an ebike....... But along with your regular MTB. Group from here goes every year and they spend a week there and can literally just about never ride the same trail twice if they chose. They pick one day and rent the Ebikes and go out and hit longer trails.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I read your review on the sur-ron. It’s too heavy for my bike rack, when the toy hauler is full… and I don’t think the kids “shotgun” seat will fit the frame. But they are a cool idea.
I didn't think you wanted a sur-ron. Main point of my post was that if you do a lot of off/road/jumps/etc then you want a mid range motor and NOT a hub motor on your bike. :)

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
Right! reminds me of skiers talking about snowboarders and boaters talking about jetskis. Need to find that happy balance where everyone works on and takes care of the trails together. :)
And therein lies the problem. On our local trails, where mopeds are not allowed. And, enforcement is nonexistent... The increase in traffic from mostly inexperienced trail users, has resulted in accelerated wear and damage . Not a fan.

And therein lies the problem. On our local trails, where mopeds are not allowed. And, enforcement is nonexistent... The increase in traffic from mostly inexperienced trail users, has resulted in accelerated wear and damage . Not a fan.
some things never change and you still complain a lot. i have actually been away for a while since i started focusing on ebikes and love them. all the stress about what jetski to get and how to use my minivan to haul it around was wasting my time. the ebike was the best idea i ever had. even though i cant afford an electric car, i also got an electric scooter. if somehow they made electric jetskis and they were not too much for me i would maybe be interested. but only if it could do a backflip

Top Bottom