B pipe water injection with spraybar (not using screws)

I have an old B pipe header that somebody welded the center screw hole closed, got it cheap, thinking about modifying.

I'm going to be using it on a motor that I want to be more mid to high powerband, and since the lower screw is so hard to access while installed, I was thinking about welding that solid as well, then putting a spray bar down there, with a jet in the line feeding that spray bar located in some convenient location, so I can easily tune the water going into that location. Very likely I'd have top screw closed at all times, middle screw effectively closed (it's welded solid) then just use the easily accessible jet for the spray bar in the lower location for my tuning.

I've never been a big fan of the screws in the B pipe.

Wondering if anybody has done something like that before?

I got one of the first power factor pipes made and it had the nozzle hole drilled on the bottom of the manifold where the natural casting was made to install one.
since its a bitch to get to and change jets, I put the jet on the end of the sand filter up stream of the nozzle. I have changed jets and it does work there

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...e-a-outlet-instead-of-the-water-screw.195747/

Found that. Basically looks like Jr.is describing doing exactly what I was looking at, but in a different location in the header.

I'm wondering if there is any problem with having the jet remotely mounted rather than right on the spray bar. Any thoughts on that @Jr. ?

Putting the jet anywhere in line will regulate water volume. But to achieve a very defined spray pattern at the spray bar, the jet needs to be located there. The key is having the highest pressure spray into the spray bar.
Do you see the results I after?

P

Putting the jet anywhere in line will regulate water volume. But to achieve a very defined spray pattern at the spray bar, the jet needs to be located there. The key is having the highest pressure spray into the spray bar.
Do you see the results I after?

P

I think I see what you mean but maybe a phone autocorrect thing at the end there?

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ha ha, yea, I guess?? Sorry!

The higher pressure into the spraybar gives a misting spray pattern that produces better results than a low pressure dribble off the spraybar nozzle?? The misting spray will effect the hot exhaust gasses better, than just dribbling water into the chamber. That should be clearer?

P

I am no expert, but I would have thought that the smaller droplets of a "high pressure" low volume "mist" would be almost useless within a hot, high velocity chamber and that a higher volume of water fed into the chamber with a simple hole or 'bar' with a hole in the end to maybe distribute the water in a more uniform manner at the injection point would be more than adequate to cool a coupler etc. The jet will not alter the water "pressure" up or down, it will simply allow more or less water to flow through the orifice depending on size selected, a smaller orifice, will flow a lower amount of water than a larger orifice at the same pressure(i.e. from the pump), I think where people get confused is when this small orifice is inserted at the end of a hose the water 'shoots out' very far compared to the larger orifice... Must be higher pressure they say... It's just higher velocity. A 4mm hole drilled in the inner of the manifold before the coupler for example, regulated buy a jet somewhere inline before the hole would be a nice tunable, low fuss solution.

Makes me wonder if what would really be ideal is a spray bar designed so the jet is right at the tip. (which is actually kind of how the B pipe screws are effectively). Anyway I think I can fit the spray bar in a location that is accessible to thread the jet on like normal.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The correct way would be to use this guy:

If you google water sprayers there are a ton of different types and spray patterns.
LPWM%20-pic02%20-%20Copia.jpg

LPWM%20watermist1.jpg

The combustion products of any hydrocarbon burning oxygen are carbon dioxide and water vapor. Reality is that gasoline is more complicated than hydrogen and carbon, and air is more complicated than oxygen, and combustion is imperfect, but fundamentally you're combining hydrocarbon with oxygen (plus other stuff) to get carbon dioxide and water (plus other stuff).

Fundamentally it's also what happens when you metabolize food.

Top Bottom