Air Blair Hull Review

There use to be a thread with reviews of the Air Blair hull, but I can't seem to find it now. I know there was good feedback from the many people that have taken his hulls for rides over the past year at the free rides attended.

Please chime in on this thread with feedback if you've had the chance to ride his hull. I own one and both my son and I love the way it rides and handles in both the surf and flat water. We're looking forward to spending the summer expanding our abilities on a great aftermarket hull after years of riding a SuperJet.

For more information you can check out the Air Blair hulls here https://www.facebook.com/pages/AIR-BLAIR/208649289344572

P1110662.JPG P1110670.JPG P1110678.JPG P1110632.JPG

Last edited:

schicks

Karma Enforcer
no ride report yet,...this weekend.

Loving my Air Blair hull so far. Came together really nice and very happy with it so far. Easy build. I am hoping that Jeff keeps working at it, id buy 3 more from him in a heart beat!

I bought the hull as a kit from jeff. Top deck, bottom deck, hood, and ride plate and put it together.

BBside2.jpg BBside1.jpg BBbilge.jpg BBbottom1.jpg BBpump.jpg BBback pump.jpg

Attachments

• BBturfed.jpg
    BBturfed.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 452
  • BBpump.jpg
    BBpump.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

schicks

Karma Enforcer
highly recommend anyone to ride this hull. Amazing, and I couldn't be happier. This is a great riding hull. Very comfortable, spins easy, nose comes out of the water effortlessly, and i can still do a submarine to the bottom of the lake. Awesome hull. Can't wait to beat on it some more. I have ridin' lots of different setups, and I would take this one over any (i may be a little bias) but i think its that good. Jeff's layup on this hull is really good, and I would be happy to let anyone inspect it, after all, i only have clearcoat on it and the bilge is all visual goodness. It was worth the effort and the risk!! Im goin' ridin'!
blair w motor.JPG

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I met the Michigan crew at freeman park, all great guys. After a few days of thinking about it I made the call to Jeff. I have requested a full carbon dart, it will be a few months but I'll post pics once it's done. Ahh, time to step away from the old stress cracked 650sx!
How does the ride compare to other skis you have been on?

@Midlake Crisis,
To be honest, I didn't even ride one. I was either worn out from ridding my ski or pulling my carb to adjust pop off, water tuning, exc. Jeff kept trying to get me to ride it and it never seemed to work out. I just like the idea of ordering the color of carbon that I want, having a custom hull and taking a short 12 hour ride up to Michigan to put in a helping had on the hull. I really want to learn about this type of work because I know nothing about fiberglass/ carbon fiber. I'm a metal guy I guess.

schicks

Karma Enforcer
The air blair dart hulls hook on corners harder than a rickter as a result of the mini sponsons which also keeps the nose lower in the water than a rickter. The dart will still slide all day long though, you really get the best of both worlds there. Also, the dart tray is the best on the market by far. The wide stance is a must once you get use to it (makes going back to a superjet feel like a 550) the front foot holds are the bomb and the full length ride plate gives endless options for length. I wouldn’t trade my dart for any ski on the market. The only negative thing that I have found on the dart is that it can get squirrely on high speed straight runs, but that doesn’t matter to me. I too gambled and bought the version 2 of the dart bottom (added sponsons and a few tweeks to the keel, strikes, and pump cavity) without riding it and it ended up being the perfect choice.

Carbon Bling
Capture.PNGAB1.JPG

Last edited:

air blair

you are the reason
I'm more than happy with the results of the air blair hulls. The dart version is totally more the surf/rec ski, and 2016 vxAir is about the air. If I fire up my molds I'll be adding a few upgrades to the dart, but won't take away high speed woggle at high speed (it's the nature of the beast with short hulls)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode one briefly last year. The short ride I had I really enjoyed it. Wasn't nose high and was super responsive. I didn't do any high speed runs though.......never do that on other people's skis since I don't know if they are really set up for safe WOT runs.

Top Bottom