Ads

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
I just want to say thanks for setting the site up in such a way that normally stuff like this is not present.

Way too many forums now look like early 2000s flash pages that bombard you with flashing or loud ads that follow you as you scroll.

Y'all have done a great job keeping the X pure and its appreciated.

Sean

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I just want to say thanks for setting the site up in such a way that normally stuff like this is not present.

Way too many forums now look like early 2000s flash pages that bombard you with flashing or loud ads that follow you as you scroll.

Y'all have done a great job keeping the X pure and its appreciated.

Sean
Well, one of the things that we have to do to keep the site funded is to run adsense. This will help generate money to keep the fees paid for the hosting and what not. By being a site supporter the ads are suppose to "not be seen". But as of this morning it is not working, no money is generating........ That is why you started seeing those big pop up ads. Problem is, so were the site supporting members........ So. We are working on it, You may start seeing some ads. Become a site supporter and they will go away (Once we get it working properly!)

Goldfishnado

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have reimplemented AdSense for non-paid users. I will be adjusting the size and color scheme over the next few days but the current locations are here to stay for now.

Goldfishnado

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm leaving the 4 x 2 size at the top as is for a week then will adjust it smaller and smaller for a week at a time to monitor the generation rate then will experiment with other locations. I don't want them too intrusive but also can't have the site generating $0 so trying to find a nice working balance.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Do people have to click on the ads for you to get money? Do we need an ad click day where all the members click on 10 ads each?

Goldfishnado

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
It works on a cost-per-click and revenue-sharing basis but we can't encourage anyone to click on them X amount of times, etc.

Top Bottom