64x No Start Help

Having a no start issue on something i thought should be pretty straight forward! Ive pulled my atp ts2 total loss off my ski after the cdi took a crap and have nothing but dramas over the years. Ive ordered a zeeltronic from jetmaniac and bought a 2nd hand 760 flywheel and stator. While I wait for the zeel to show up I thought id get the stock 760 electrics to fire up. But it wont.

I have really good spark on both, Occasionally splutters but mainly kicks back or backfires and wakes the neighborhood up! Only the front power valve moves up when it splutters or kicks. Adding more fuel or less doesnt really change anything.

Sound like timing? Its my first time using 760 electrics. And as far as im aware there is no timing adjustment on the stator? I have no temp sensor plugged in (pink wire loose) thats ok?Cdi is grounded and coil is grounded. All else that i have done is a deustch connecter in the stator harness. But have triple checked the pin outs multiple times. I do not have the voltage regulator in place yet, thats ok?

Pink is loose
White on cdi to white start stop
Orange to coil
Ground
Blue, red white, white back, brown to stator
Stator is grounded to ebox plus additional ground ebox to cylinder
Anything ive missed?

Is there any suggested places too start looking? Could a bad cdi cause backfires and spluttering? The plug leads dont matter which cylinder there on? (Are cut to length so cant test)
Any suggestions appreciated.

Yes flywheel is un modified.
The zeel turned up yesterday from you and starts and runs fine. Think i have a bad stock cdi, doesn't matter now! Thanks.

Top Bottom