SXR 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tanks

Does your tank have a pipe that extends down in the tank for the external fill that limits filling and leaves room for expansion like the stock tank. If so, is the tank capacity 6.6 gal with the room for expansion? What is the purpose of the external fill? Maybe to fill it further?

Does your tank have a pipe that extends down in the tank for the external fill that limits filling and leaves room for expansion like the stock tank. If so, is the tank capacity 6.6 gal with the room for expansion? What is the purpose of the external fill? Maybe to fill it further?

The external fill tube on my 6.6g tank is in the same location as stock and if filling exclusively from the external fill then there would still be the air bubble at the top of the tank. The fill tube does not extend into the tank, but since the geometry is roughly the same you would have the same issue. I included the external fill for maximum convenience to the user (perhaps you're refueling on the beach or somewhere you don't want to take the hood off) but also included the internal fill so you can fill it completely and check fuel level. I can also weld a cap over the external fill tube if you did not want to use it. For maximum capacity, I would fill the tank via the internal fill cap, put the internal fill cap back on, then top off the external fill tube. You would be getting over 6.6 gallons with the fuel in the fill tube.

Thanks!
Nathan

How did these tanks work out in the long run? Anyone have one or are they still available? I'm looking for an oversized tank if anyone has any leads or other options.

Thanks!

Hey, anyone have any insight on where or how the foam needs to be trimmed?

Seems the tank needs to go forward and starboard? It's hard to tell from the pics but looks like the foam under the tank is still in place.

I'm installing my tank now and didn't want to just start hacking away at it.

If someone had a pic of how to trim the foam that would be great!

Thanks!

i have a new limited slip 2. something gallon supplemental tank that mounts where the water box is and plumbs into whatever tank you use.
Thank you for the offer, however I would prefer the 6.6 gal tank. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of please let me know. Thank you again.

The external fill tube on my 6.6g tank is in the same location as stock and if filling exclusively from the external fill then there would still be the air bubble at the top of the tank. The fill tube does not extend into the tank, but since the geometry is roughly the same you would have the same issue. I included the external fill for maximum convenience to the user (perhaps you're refueling on the beach or somewhere you don't want to take the hood off) but also included the internal fill so you can fill it completely and check fuel level. I can also weld a cap over the external fill tube if you did not want to use it. For maximum capacity, I would fill the tank via the internal fill cap, put the internal fill cap back on, then top off the external fill tube. You would be getting over 6.6 gallons with the fuel in the fill tube.

Thanks!
Nathan
Can we get a new batch of 6.6 SXR1100 tanks with battery cutout? Pleaaase!?? @LimitedSlip7

Top Bottom