2019 superjet having problems

Had to post here because my buddy doesn’t have an xh20 account. I always rip his 2019 sj whenever my ski is broken so it’s safe to say I’ve put my fair share of hours on the ski. Noticed while riding that whenever I went full throttle it would bog a little and progressively got worse and worse until the point where the ski would go from full throttle to idle even though I still had the throttle pinned. My first thought was that there might’ve been water in the fuel but never the chance to deal with that. Yesterday I went to go start the thing up out of the water and the ski was smoking more than snoop dogg on April 20th. Also noticed a bunch of fuel in the water even though it was only running at idle/just above idle for 15-20 seconds. Very surprised to see this happen to a newer ski even though we’ve put it through hell and back. I also put in new spark plugs before starting it yesterday (NGK BR8ES). Is this a symptom of bad fuel/water in fuel? Do the carbs somehow need to be adjusted? Anything will help and we really wanna rip in the last few weekends we have. Thanks!

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
I am thinking along the same lines that it's the carbs. The ski isnt very old to have needle and seat issues but the filter in the carb might be plugged up. I would take the carbs off and take a look and clean them out.

I agree, sounds like a carb issue / rich condition.....

What oil are you running. Also, if you are not running pure gas, (IE you are using ethanol) we see many issues with carb and fuel pump diaphragms with that.

Could be bad gas, or water in the gas. Hard for any of us to tell....

Also correct you have the WRONG plugs. These are long reach, and if you are really running these it may have caused damage.

John

He runs the cheap synthetic blend pennezoil 2 stroke tcw3 at 45:1 and usually on premium pump fuel. Only ran the plugs for 10-15 minutes and not riding it hard. We’re gonna change the fuel and plugs this weekend and see what happens.

clouse22

BDB Kustomz
Site Supporter
How come you cannot run BR8ES plugs on this motor?? Are the newer superjets different. Ive never ran anything but BR8ES/BR8EQ plugs in my motors.

How come you cannot run BR8ES plugs on this motor?? Are the newer superjets different. Ive never ran anything but BR8ES/BR8EQ plugs in my motors.

Long reach plugs in an OEM head... plugs stick out too far into cylinder. If using an aftermarket head like ADA, then long reach plugs needed.

Top Bottom