Sport Spec Y760 CDI

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
As many of you know, IJSBA has now allowed 760 cyls in Sport Spec. So of course the question of ignitions comes into play.
the rule states, you can have an aftermarket or modified CDI, as long as its charging, and is Non-Programable. The Stator timing Must remain on stock marks. This makes the Zeeltronics Y62T CDI illegal, f your running a 760 cyl. In wanting to provide a solid option to the New Rule, I have worked with Borut at Zeeltronics to develop the
Zeeltronics NY62T-R CDI! N stands for Non-Programable, R stands for Race tuned. This CDI is 100% IJSBA Lega! I have a limited number of these New CDI in stock. They will come with a custom tune pre-programed, That I designed for this format. $400.00 Shipped! USA only! Get Some!

!IMG_7634.jpeg

Last edited:
I read that rule thinking alright so what is going to be better for that class a 760 or a 701 with a zeel. Now the answer is clear! This is a really good offering... Maybe not so much for the HX guys :D

Even though I just got my 61x cylinder back from you I'm curious what are the recommended requirements when running the map? Similar to what's recommended for the wax curve I'm guessing.

Last edited:

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
The 2024 rules are very vague.

IGNITION AND ELECTRONICS: RPM limiter function may be modified. Yamaha model CDI units may be modified or aftermarket provided ignition timing is not manually adjustable. Yamaha units which do not have 760 cylinders may use an IJSBA approved programable ignition so long as charging features are maintained. Kawasaki Gen 2 (2005- 2007) model CDI may be modified or aftermarket AND programmable. ALL original equipment charging systems must be used. Timing may not be advanced at the stator plate - ALL models must line up stator with factory set mark on cases. Kawasaki X2 may use ignition jumper for heat sensor. Flywheels must be OEM stock and unmodified as provided from the factory. Coils, plug wires and plug caps may be aftermarket. No other ignition system modifications will be allowed. Replacement batteries are allowed but must fit into the original equipment battery box and securely fastened. Engine temperature sensor may be disconnected and/or removed

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
I read that rule thinking alright so what is going to be better for that class a 760 or a 701 with a zeel. Now the answer is clear! This is a really good offering... Maybe not so much for the HX guys :D

Even though I just got my 61x cylinder back from you I'm curious what are the recommended requirements when running the map? Similar to what's recommended for the wax curve I'm guessing.
Well, As you might guess, its a proprietary curve that is only avail when this CDI is purchased thru LPW. CDI will be avail thru other Zeel dealers and just have Wax curve installed.
To answer your question it's a 93 Full Race curve designed for Spec class
Will work from Mild to full on Race Prep
With best advantages at Full Race prep

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
The 2024 rules are very vague.

IGNITION AND ELECTRONICS: RPM limiter function may be modified. Yamaha model CDI units may be modified or aftermarket provided ignition timing is not manually adjustable. Yamaha units which do not have 760 cylinders may use an IJSBA approved programable ignition so long as charging features are maintained. Kawasaki Gen 2 (2005- 2007) model CDI may be modified or aftermarket AND programmable. ALL original equipment charging systems must be used. Timing may not be advanced at the stator plate - ALL models must line up stator with factory set mark on cases. Kawasaki X2 may use ignition jumper for heat sensor. Flywheels must be OEM stock and unmodified as provided from the factory. Coils, plug wires and plug caps may be aftermarket. No other ignition system modifications will be allowed. Replacement batteries are allowed but must fit into the original equipment battery box and securely fastened. Engine temperature sensor may be disconnected and/or removed
As a Retired Tech Inspector, this is pretty clear. 701 based can run programable,
760 can run Mod oem or Aftermarket that are Not programable and Must be Charging

Reading the rulebook you really have to remember

"All watercraft must remain strictly stock, except where rules allow or require substitutions or modifications. Changes or modifications not listed here are not permitted"

This statement only calls out 61x/62t cylinders allowing the use of programmable ignitions. "Yamaha units which do not have 760 cylinders may use an IJSBA approved programable ignition so long as charging features are maintained"

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
The rules will state what is allowed, if its not specifically allowed, then it is not.
It says the 701 may run programable,
The 760 may only run aftermarket or mod oem. Those are not programable.
The New NY62T-R is non-Programable, just like an enhancer

Big Kahuna

Administrator
"Yamaha model CDI units may be modified or aftermarket provided ignition timing is not manually adjustable. Yamaha units which do not have 760 cylinders may use an IJSBA approved programable ignition so long as charging features are maintained."

I dont see where the confusion is. Plain as day. If you are running a 760 Cylinder, then you may use an AM CDI that is "NOT" programmable. If you are running either of the 701 cylinders then you can use the programable version. What Paul is selling is only the CDI Version for if you are running the 760 cylinder...........

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
"Yamaha model CDI units may be modified or aftermarket provided ignition timing is not manually adjustable. Yamaha units which do not have 760 cylinders may use an IJSBA approved programable ignition so long as charging features are maintained."

I dont see where the confusion is. Plain as day. If you are running a 760 Cylinder, then you may use an AM CDI that is "NOT" programmable. If you are running either of the 701 cylinders then you can use the programable version. What Paul is selling is only the CDI Version for if you are running the 760 cylinder...........
All CDI's are programable including Paul's.

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
All CDI's are programable including Paul's. So whats the difference between programable and pre programmed with race tune? I can tune my Zeel then pot the cable connector ?
From his description. Zeeltronics NY62T-R CDI! N stands for Non-Programable, R stands for Race tuned. This CDI is 100% IJSBA Lega! I have a limited number of these New CDI in stock. They will come with a custom tune pre-programed, That I designed for this format.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
From his description. Zeeltronics NY62T-R CDI! N stands for Non-Programable, R stands for Race tuned. This CDI is 100% IJSBA Lega! I have a limited number of these New CDI in stock. They will come with a custom tune pre-programed, That I designed for this format.
The NY62T-R gets pre-programed just like any other cdi, at point of being manufactured. But from that point on, can not be reprogramed. That is what Non-programable means, and fits the rule. Im not sure what point your trying to make? The stator also needs to be on the stock marks setting static timing. Offset woodruff keys are also not allowed. All that is part of the rule. Again, what is your point to all cdis are programable? I developed a generic racing curve to basically fit all sport boats that would run that class with a 760. Its a std for this cdi.
Somebody at some point in time did the same for the MSD Enhancer. But that was in the early 90’s. This is taking place In 2024

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Rreally, so I can open
All CDI's are programable including Paul's.
My ebox and change the curve in my Enhancer by hooking up a computer.......

I think you are confusing the fact that the mfg creates a curve (programmed) vs being able to change the curve. That the point. You can only run a CDI that does not have adjustibility.

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
The NY62T-R gets pre-programed just like any other cdi, at point of being manufactured. But from that point on, can not be reprogramed. That is what Non-programable means, and fits the rule. Im not sure what point your trying to make? The stator also needs to be on the stock marks setting static timing. Offset woodruff keys are also not allowed. All that is part of the rule. Again, what is your point to all cdis are programable? I developed a generic racing curve to basically fit all sport boats that would run that class with a 760. Its a std for this cdi.
Somebody at some point in time did the same for the MSD Enhancer. But that was in the early 90’s. This is taking place In 2024
My point is the rule is not clear you created a CDI (Aftermarket} that is programable but locked so it does not fit the rules. I can and have created CDI's that are programable and locked/unlocked. Where is the official IJSBA list or approved CDI's? Show me IJSBA approval.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
My point is the rule is not clear you created a CDI (Aftermarket} that is programable but locked so it does not fit the rules. I can and have created CDI's that are programable and locked/unlocked. Where is the official IJSBA list or approved CDI's? Show me IJSBA approval.
Your correct, there is no list of approved CDI. When I started this idea, it was first anounced 760 cyls would be allowed.
and the current rules were released. I sent one to IJSBA for approval and waited. Its now past the grace period. So by default, this fits into the rule as written. So does, the oem cdi,s , enhancer, and maybe one ot two chinese knockoffs And yours as long as you put it, its Locked.
so go ahead and market yours? Its funny that I got this very same argument from every racer that was fielding an HX. Is that what your racing? Bottom line, who cares? There was Zero sport boat entries at PWX Sebring this weekend. Entries across the board are down by signifigant numbers. Promotors are begging for racers. Your in the Northeast and have a strong promotor up there. Will you be racing?or are you just going to bash a guy trying to help racers have an option To go racing?

beerdart

4-Tec Jetmate
Your correct, there is no list of approved CDI. When I started this idea, it was first anounced 760 cyls would be allowed.
and the current rules were released. I sent one to IJSBA for approval and waited. Its now past the grace period. So by default, this fits into the rule as written. So does, the oem cdi,s , enhancer, and maybe one ot two chinese knockoffs And yours as long as you put it, its Locked.
so go ahead and market yours? Its funny that I got this very same argument from every racer that was fielding an HX. Is that what your racing? Bottom line, who cares? There was Zero sport boat entries at PWX Sebring this weekend. Entries across the board are down by signifigant numbers. Promotors are begging for racers. Your in the Northeast and have a strong promotor up there. Will you be racing?or are you just going to bash a guy trying to help racers have an option To go racing?
Thanks for the honest response. No im not selling Zeels im not interested in stepping on any toes for any established dealers with years of experience. I applaud your tireless work on the Zeel systems keep it up its much needed. Currently im on injured reserve from racing but hope to saddle up for at least 1 round this year. I will be tech inspector for Region 8 so just trying to sort through the gray ink that the IJSBA "Rule" book is written it.

Thanks Steve.

Top Bottom