RRP Stopper pin ???

Hey guys. Has anyone got a solution for the RRP poles not having a stopper pin on the lowered bracket?
I'm so sick of the pole coming down and hitting my head when I've got the hood off and having to use a block of wood, golf club, banana, anything, to hold it up!!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 20210317_192805.jpg

I'm not a fan of the tight pole bolt or hd spring as I ride a bit of surf and have watched a mates ski sink from being upside down with the pole extended. We couldn't get before it flipped went down

I have a RRP poll and OE spring and only a (slightly tight poll bolt)...NOT the normal tight bolt set up.. it’s only enough to hold the poll vertical if you put it there... barely

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Tighten the pole bolt. Install a better pole spring.
That really doesn't solve the issue, and like he said scary when the ski flips. Also a good way to break off your pole if you're one of those people that lets go.

When I have mine on the trailer, I unhook the trailer winch and use that to hold it up.

When it's on the stand in the garage, I hook the pole to the rafters with a rope.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
If you will tighten the pole some it will hold it and still be loose enough to float with you while riding. You dont have to tighten it down to the point you strain a nutt to lift it.

Surely some genius has worked out a clip that's close to a factory setup. I don't understand why RRP don't have one to bolt on.‍♂️

I'm not a fan of the tight pole bolt or hd spring as I ride a bit of surf and have watched a mates ski sink from being upside down with the pole extended. We couldn't get before it flipped went down
I don't think your pole position will affect it taking on water or keeping the ski upside down UNLESS there is some floatation from the pole, which usually there isn't any with an RRP pole with RRP pole pad. You could use a foam pad which would help float the pole. There other aspect if its taking on water, that's another problem. Your pole tubes should go below the water line so when inverted water won't rush into your hull.

Last edited:
Top Bottom