Phazer mod sleds

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Got my older style secondary today. It's about 3mm less in width, and the diameter is smaller as well. It should clean up very nice, and now I have two different secondary springs and I believe two different helixes to tune with. The larger diameter secondary was more top end lost.

My OEM Narrow belt arrived today too....Yeah that's much nicer than the belt that was on it.

Now I'm waiting on some primary clutch parts. I'm getting excited to line these clutches up to spec with fresh parts!

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Last part for the primary arrives today! There is a chance for 3-6 inches of snow tonight....

I gutted my air box after reading more mod threads on Phazers. The stock Phazer air box can make the flat sides run rich. I'm going to jet back up to 150 mains and 50 pilots and start over with jetting.

I'm putting my clutches back to stock specs and then going to make changes from there.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Got both of the clutches installed. I ended up loosening the engine mounts and jack shaft mounts to get an offset under 1/2 inch. The previous offset was close to ONE inch.

All in all I'm glad I went through the clutches this season, I'm ready for next now!

50 degree highs on the 10 day here. I'm putting the Phazer in the far garage and pulling my boat out today. Going to replace my 1991 Mercury 25hp stator, it doesn't like idling down when hot or restarting when hot. Always starts cold, or after you let it sit. Also replacing trailer bearings and fixing a wiring issue.

The ground hog was right, spring came early.

Top Bottom