Just picked up an fx-1

E350

Site Supporter
What do you think about these for turning?

1720136590670.png

@waxhead installed them on his FX-1
@Aquaholic installed them on his Mini Monster 550sx.

I think it's a great idea and will probly add a lot more hook when leaned. I'll probly do some sort of rear sponsons on it soon. I definitely need to shorten my handle pole it's too long for my liking. Ski is VERY fun now. I had a great time on it today. Was impressed.

E350

Site Supporter
OK guys. Talk to me about ride plates.

I have the Protec on my FX-1.

How does the Jet Dynamics ride plate perform vs the Protec?

And which one is better and why?

The Protec is flat, the Jet Dynamics is concave. If you can find one of the super rare DG Quadra-fin ride plates, that would be one of the absolute best for the FX1 in my opinion.

I've ridden the quadra fin on a fx1 before and I agree it's a GREAT plate. The jd is really nice too.. for my riding style I did NOT like the pro tec plate.. at all. Glad it's off there.too flat, too loose. Too similar to the stock plate. Just longer. If I could find quadra or an ocean pro finned plate would be nice. Never ridden a shredmaster. I've "heard" they are too squirlly. But that was on a super jet. Didn't even know they made a fx1 setup.
The Protec is flat, the Jet Dynamics is concave. If you can find one of the super rare DG Quadra-fin ride plates, that would be one of the absolute best for the FX1 in my opinion.

We need to link up soon and you can ride my ski and feel the difference. With the jd plate you can steer the ski with the rear much better

Attachments

• 20240704_175041.jpg
    20240704_175041.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240704_175035.jpg
    20240704_175035.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 2
Dave pulled up to Miller on the 4th. Scanned the river n left. Was hoping he was gna launch. Wanted to look his ski over. Far as I remember it's mostly stock? Maybe bpipe? He can rip on his fx1 for sure. He gt skillz. I ride Miller every weekend. I know it's a bit north for ya but when your skis done you should come out

E350

Site Supporter
Curious how the @waxhead rear sponsons would compare to a Quadra-fin or Jet Dynamics ride plate. Don't the ride plates prevent slide out by longitudinal fins or a concave which -- in effect -- creates two fins, versus the rear sponsons which only prevent slide out when the ski is leaned over so far as to dig that bond rail single long fin into the water on the inside of the turn.

So, I don't know what I am talking about, but it seems that the rear sponson (i.e., single, long longitudinal fin) would only prevent slide out when you were hard cornering and the fin (i.e., sponson) was engaged in the water but the ski would be free to slide sideways up until the moment the ski is tilted so far that the sponson/fin is engaged.

What is this all about?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Curious how the @waxhead rear sponsons would compare to a Quadra-fin or Jet Dynamics ride plate. Don't the ride plates prevent slide out by longitudinal fins or a concave which -- in effect -- creates two fins, versus the rear sponsons which only prevent slide out when the ski is leaned over so far as to dig that bond rail single long fin into the water on the inside of the turn.

So, I don't know what I am talking about, but it seems that the rear sponson (i.e., single, long longitudinal fin) would only prevent slide out when you were hard cornering and the fin (i.e., sponson) was engaged in the water but the ski would be free to slide sideways up until the moment the ski is tilted so far that the sponson/fin is engaged.

What is this all about?
The fx1 has to flop on its side when you hit a corner anyway. I dont think there is a ski that wants to go down more, That being said as soon as you hit the corner your draging the sponsons so it can grab

Top Bottom