"Igni pro" for Yamaha

I wanted to write a short review about a ignition named " Igni Pro " that I bought last season.

It looks very similar to the one Blowsion sells and calls: "pro ignition" , It looks like it's just a sticker that separates them.
However I bought this from a company in Austria for about 549.

Text from seller:
"Igni SJ Pro SuperJet is a high power fully progmable ignition with any computer at home or at water
Now also available for Yamaha SuperJet the Igni Pro full programable ignition with same funciton as our well known SX-R Igni Pro
Comes with software for easy program with any computer and laptop, fully adjustable ignition curve and rev limiter
A must have for any modification - plug in original Yamaha electric box and feel the power differnce
We developed the ignition to work with OEM flywheel or with TBM / RRP or other charging flywheels with no problems
All Yamaha 650/701/760 Engine"

"with any computer and laptop" The program does not work on my Imac. :eek:

Installation was very simple, basically color on color and then bolt it in.
But one thing I found during the installation was that I did not want to open the electronics box every time I want to reprogram the unit. What I did was to cut off the pipe in the front cover of the electronic box so that you can fish out the USB cable through the opening in the box every time you want to program! Worked like a charm!

IMG_0771.JPG

Now for the programming of the device.
IMG_0772.JPG

Igni Pro.jpg

My unit came with a pre-programmed curve as the seller claimed to be equal to an MSD enhancers curve. So I went out to the lake and tested the ski and it started right away and I ran it all day without problems.

But I wanted more so Waxhead here at X helped me with a more aggressive curve, Thanks! And that's when it started happening stuff! The first thing I noticed was that the engine had started to go lean and I had to rejet the carburetors. After the rejet I felt definitely that I had more low end hit.

Now I hope it lasts a couple of seasons. Have heard that many other brands have had problems with this type of devices.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Any updates on this ignition, How is it working out for you.
I see blowsion is out of stock I hope thats from huge sales and not because of issues

Still working fine for me!
But i don't have so many hours on it because i have problems with my arms after i bought that motor from Jetmaniac. :D

Top Bottom