Gorilla Glue contact cement

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The GTI I am working on has Blacktip PSA turf on it , the left rear pad peeled up , everywhere else it's stuck , I meant to get some more Dap weldwood but the Walleyworld here doesn't carry it anymore , not surprising our Walmart never has whatever it is I am looking for.

They did have Gorilla glue contact cement in a 3 oz tube , it also comes in a package with four separate tube about the size of a tube of Super glue so I said hell why not , the first thing is it is clear , the second thing is it is more of a gel consistency so it doesn't run everywhere , the third thing , it dries really quickly, I mean in like minutes quickly , I tried to peel it back off after I had beat it down with a deadblow and I failed, it's stuck.

I believe this stuff has found a new home in my toolbox and it should be excellent for onsite spot repairs, if you have a tube of this and a old business card you should be good to go, I think it also has a place on some of these tough turf jobs , I am sure cleanup is the same as regular contact cement with lacquer thinner or carb cleaner but it is clear so it won't need nearly as much cleanup.

Just thought I would pass it along.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I live in a small town here , they shut down Wed and Sat at 12:00 so i was left with what was still open , yes I have bought it in gallons before at Ace Hardware.

I wouldn't turf a ski with the stuff , what I am saying is that it is a good item to have in the toolbox for quick onsite repair jobs , I used it yesterday to fix the rubber trim on a Seadoo front storage bucket seal , it was fixed before you would have been able to get a can of DAP open and locate a paint brush.

Top Bottom