X2 with SBN fuel line routing

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
OK I got a small problem. I have an X@ with a 44sbn and one too many gas line.
I got the ON and RES line going from the tank to the switch. Then 1 line going from the switch to the INlet on the carb. I have another line going from the OUTlet of the carb to the tank for return. But I have another line from the tank that goes through the filter and water seperator but I have no clue were it conects.

Wow this might get confusing....

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
OK I got a small problem. I have an X@ with a 44sbn and one too many gas line.
I got the ON and RES line going from the tank to the switch. Then 1 line going from the switch to the INlet on the carb. I have another line going from the OUTlet of the carb to the tank for return. But I have another line from the tank that goes through the filter and water seperator but I have no clue were it conects.

Wow this might get confusing....
Get rid of the water sep., they normally go up into the steering post to get air for the tank. Just keep the one way valve on top of the tank and a short hose from that pointing down.

Attachments

• 107_5416.jpg
    107_5416.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 105

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
I did, but only the oil line would be small enough to connect to this fitting.
It might be for a primer kit. Do you think I could leave it open or capped since |I have and inline primer?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Inline primer in the fuel line is no good (like outboards) loose it , true primer dumps fuel down the carb.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Can you explain why an inline primer is no good?
After researching, I was told that plunger type primers end up leaking.
Only primes the fuel line, not the motor and could cause restrictions. No ski's had them as I recall exept the TS.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
that can also cause damage to the diaphrams. Just get a plunger primer and hook up to that nipple, the 28mm keihin carb is a bitch to start anyhow, needs all the help it can get.

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
that can also cause damage to the diaphrams. Just get a plunger primer and hook up to that nipple, the 28mm keihin carb is a bitch to start anyhow, needs all the help it can get.

I never had problems with my 28. I little choke and would start right up. But that new 44sbn is a different story.
Ill try the plunger type I think. Do you tee it off the main line?

Top Bottom