rrp pipe...... what everyone's opinion

hydrostyler

X-
Site Supporter
Dag, I'm assuming that the carbon is more of an insulating material that will hold the heat in. The aluminum pipe will get hot and let the heat out much like a heat sink. With that philosophy, why aren't we using header wrap on our aluminum chambers?????

Didn't someone mention that some sort of modification needed to be done to get these to run on the TPE964? I could have sworn it was @NVJAY775 but I could just be smoking something.... has anyone else experienced this?

Not sure if they have rectified yet but the three RRP carbon pipe systems we have at seaworld blew out the welds on the water boxes.. quick weld job and they have been fine since. Nice pipe, look good, makes a little more power of the PFP but don't sound as cool (compared to a standard/non water injected PFP).

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I've seen a few PFP boxes blow out as well. I don't ride mine (RRP) as hard as others, but have had zero problems with anything so far.. I'm an old ass flatwater guy. For the most part mine installed pretty easy. I did have to do some creative padding, blocking etc to get the alignment in my hull right. I've gone through maybe 20 ish 2 gal tanks through it and no issues yet. Lots of flops,flips n splats and holding good so far. And for a carbon chamber, this one goes against the rules and makes good power. I think smaller cc motors could benefit from this pipe. I'm kinda weird and did my motor last. I got all the supporting mods first, then picked up the 964. Couldn't be happier so far.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
It depends on your riding style.
The RRP pipe is a wet pipe which will give more bottom end and feel snappier off the bottom.
The PFP being a dry pipe gives the power to the mid and top end.

If your more interested in doing combos I'd go with the PFP.
If your more of a single trick guy go with the RRP

Heat being held inside a carbon pipe would not be helping much with low end response,doesnt seem to be the case with the rrp pipe. Id think youd see more ceramic coated pfp running injected with larger than norm jets in the sprayer, compensate for the heat speed... make better response and lower intake temps a bit. Anyone runnin the rrp with the xmetal waterbox?

Heat being held inside a carbon pipe would not be helping much with low end response,doesnt seem to be the case with the rrp pipe. Id think youd see more ceramic coated pfp running injected with larger than norm jets in the sprayer, compensate for the heat speed... make better response and lower intake temps a bit. Anyone runnin the rrp with the xmetal waterbox?

The waterbox is different with a different coupling hose size I believe, I own both but only ran the RRP on the RRP pipe (rrp fit with no mods, my pfp needed the outlet angled to miss the carbs)

MegaManAU

Budgets are made to be broken!
Has anyone run a MSD water control system on one of these pipes? I'm thinking I'm better off running what RRP suggests without the added components. Thoughts?

I agree with WAX. I had Phil Clemmons try out my programmable MSD water injection on our 900 C.O. We tried turning the water on just past idle and off right after (the programmable allows you near exact rpm on/off). The water injection does work but you really can't get the pipe temp up soon enough to make it work consistent on the higher rpm. I'd take a cue from the best team out there--XS, Jace already said what it is.

Top Bottom